Job Category Products and Technology
The Business Technology Director of Systems Specialists will lead a senior team of Salesforce platform specialists to manage the Salesforce platform that powers the business operations of Salesforce.com. Reporting to the Senior Director of System Specialist, this individual will be responsible for partnership with business and IT stakeholders for development and production operations of enterprise technology solutions. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business and technology acumen, big picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. S/he is a strong and innovative leader, with a deep understanding of cloud technologies, enterprise integration platforms, release management, and proven ability to lead a distributed services organization to support complex global business processes. The leader has built efficient business processes to improve end-user productivity and maintain appropriate controls to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley. The candidate must have multiple years of experience leading teams in a fast-paced, global technology company with exceptional growth. The selected candidate must possess development and support expertise and strong stakeholder relationship management, promote a collaborative team culture, and ignite passion within the team for flawless execution.
- Key/Co- leadership member of the Enterprise Operations organization to provide applications, device, and access services for the 40,000+ internal Salesforce workforce
- Help set vision & goals for the System Specialists team based on Leadership & Peer engagement strategic priorities/operational imperatives reporting up to global leadership..
- Enterprise support leader for key lines of business like Sales, Services..etc
- Lead a global team of managers and senior Salesforce system specialists that are responsible for application support delivery, resolving technical challenges, set a high standard for service excellence and innovation while providing career development coaching for team members.
- Building strategic initiatives with ownership/co-ownership by Partnering and negotiating with various levels of stakeholders in business, IT, service providers/vendors and salesforce.com management, through effective written and verbal communication and documentation of Document all operational processes and procedures to optimize support and management of deployed applications and systems.
- Daily management of objectives, priorities, trade-offs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff members according to corporate policies and best practices.
- Demonstrate practice of advanced technical knowledge, quality concepts and continuously expand on and related disciplines and functional area while Identifying technology and process gaps, conduct sophisticated and creative gap analysis, and translate those results to easily digestible messages.
- Co-own Service Management/delivery model with local leaders distributed across the globe to help run processes to scale and to stabilize core enterprise applications and Implementing tools and processes for change, configuration and release management
- Collaborate with business and technology partners around the world to execute on strategic projects to enable Salesforce's aggressive growth trajectory
- Own documentation of new business processes, creation of new technical support documentation, and identification of technology and process gaps
- Own analysis, summary and presentation of operational strategies to broader organization, up to C-level executives
- Alignment of People, process and technology partnering with global leadership teams
- Propagate technology and business domain knowledge to global support team in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Partner with R&D and Biz Tech development teams to drive the automation of manual/repetitive administrative tasks to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Partner with Enterprise Security to define & enforce policies to meet the current and emerging enterprise org security requirements.
- Maintain and demonstrate 100% compliance with all security policies and Sarbanes-Oxley user and change management controls
- Ability to partner with Product teams and help enabling features for biz stakeholders aligning to best practices (Training, Dependencies..etc)
- 10+ years of experience leading cross-functional technology teams to deliver or support scalable, high performance enterprise solutions
- 7+ years managing, mentoring, motivating and growing a mature and goal-driven technology team with experience in Direct/Non-direct management styles
- 3+ years experience working with an internal cloud-based IT organization, with strong preference for those who have led in an agile/scrum environment
- Strong background in organizational development and change management
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and experience supporting cloud, web and infrastructure solutions
- Deep experience in vendor management negotiations, with 3 rd party SaaS and on-premise providers
- Ability to engage with emotional intelligence as required to avoid conflicts with customers based on personality differences and to make suggestions in a manner that is more likely to result in a desired outcom e
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively across all levels from individual contributors to C-level executives
- Superior knowledge of incident, problem, change management processes and tools
- Original thinker, with a continuous quest for process and technology innovation
- Proven ability to manage escalation and communications with Company-wide impact
- High-energy professional who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with a customer-first focus and attitude
- Fluent in the appropriate tools and techniques for analyzing, reporting, forecasting and developing 'what if' scenario of business operations.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant business or technical discipline
- Think Strategically: Knows what it takes to gain the competitive advantage. Has the ability to see the forest through the trees in a dynamic environment. Can develop relevant, sustainable solutions. Aligns the right resources to the task at hand; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Innovate for Growth: Always thinking about how to make improvements; not afraid to implement changes that map to business strategy. Stay abreast of cutting edge technology trends.
- Focus on Customer Success: Builds and maintains relationships with customers; shapes solutions that have significant positive impact on their business.
- Builds Trust and Credibility: Makes decisions based on organization's values. Actions are consistent with company's core values.
- Lead & Adapt to Change: Thrives in a changing, dynamic environment and can drive operational efficiencies that map to changing needs.
- Master's degree (or its foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science, Electronics, Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related quantitative discipline
- Knowledge of the force.com platform
- Direct experience with Agile and Scrum; excellent project management skills with ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks across various user groups
- Sales/Service Cloud Consultant Certifications
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.