Director of Systems Engineering
This position will lead the Systems Engineering team, the gateway between customer product requirements and engineering implementation. The team needs to manage the technical models and simulation tools for the product, using them and other best known methods to determine what changes would meet the new customer requirements and trends in the FPD (Flat Panel Display) industry, culminating in clear and actionable system and subsystem specs. This team will also drive technical trends into the functional such that the product uses the best of the leading edge of technology. The team of approximately 8 people will need to be coached, trained, and developed to continue to meet the needs of the projects they will be involved in.
- 5+ years of production level work experiencewith clean room capital equipment, ideally in systems engineering roles in testing for the Flat Panel Display and/or Array Test space
- 5+ years of hands-on work experience in clean room environments
- Understands how to spec tools and subsystems
- Experiencewith complex systems modeling, simulation, execution, diagnosis, and evolution
- Has owned and managed reliability programs for capital equipment manufacturers
- Silicon or glass process engineering / experience
- Understands the use of various forms of metrology (SEM, EDX, FTIR, etc.)
- 5+ years of people management experience, including budget management, coaching, mentoring, hiring, training, performance management, project management
Education and Experience:
- PhD in Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experiencewith complex productengineering
About Photon Dynamics:
We are the leading provider of yield management solutions to the flat panel display, or FPD, industry. We also offer yield management solutions to the printed circuit board, or PCB, assembly and advanced semiconductor packaging industries. Our test, repair and inspection systems are used by manufacturers to collect data, analyze product quality and identify and repair product defects at critical steps in the manufacturing process.
Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using Orbotech systems.
For over 30 years, Orbotech has been a market leader in developing cutting edge inspection, test, repair and production solutions for the manufacture of the world?s most sophisticated consumer and industrial electronics.
Orbotech has over 2,500 employees in 50 offices around the globe: North America, Europe, Japan, and Asia Pacific. The company?s headquarters are located in Israel as well as R&D and production of many of its product lines.