Director of Surgical Services
We are looking for Director of Surgical Services for our client in Tamarac, FL
Job Title: Director of Surgical Services
Job Location: Tamarac, FL
Job Type: Permanent
- Seeking Director of Surgical Services
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: Full-time Days/No Weekends
- The Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding.
- Identifies and mentor potential future leaders.
- BSN Required, Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field Preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required.
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred.
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred.