Director of Surgical Services
5 - 7 years experience • Healthcare IT
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests.
We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Mercy Hospital is the premier hospital in the northern metropolitan communities of the Twin Cities. It is located on two campuses: one in Coon Rapids, and one in Fridley.
Together, these facilities offer nationally recognized clinical excellence and compassionate health care services, including cancer care, heart and vascular services, emergency and trauma care, surgical services and da Vinci® System, The Mother Baby Center at Mercy with Children’s Minnesota, Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, the Joint Replacement Center and women’s and children’s services.
In 2016, Mercy Hospital was named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the U.S. by Truven Health Analytics.
With 3,500+ employees, 830+ affiliated physicians and 420 staffed beds, Mercy Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 270,000 patients each year.
- Development of Patient Care Managers and Others
- Patient Care Program and Nursing Service Development
- Patient care environment
- Resource utilization/productivity management
- Program development/implementation
- Professional practice and service delivery
- Policy, procedure and standards
- Strategic planning
- Process improvement
- Quality improvement and regulatory compliance
- Customer service and complaint resolution
- Employee performance management
Baccalaureate required. Masters preferred; At least one degree (bachelors or masters) must be in nursing or healthcare.
Current Minnesota RN License
Related Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of five years direct patient careexperience
- Minimum of 5 years leadership/management experience in a healthcare field.
- Knowledge of current theoretical and best practice approaches to patient care delivery and processes.Competency in leadership skills as demonstrated through experience and outcomes.
- Ability to direct nursing practice activities that support a professional practice environment and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Understanding and promotion of the roles of nursing across the continuum of patient care.
- Strong background in financial resource management and benchmarks of staffing effectiveness.
- Strategic planning skills to direct program development or system improvements.
- Leanexperience prefered.