11 - 15 years
Posted 55 days ago
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BA/BSN required; Master's preferred. Ten (10) years management experience in Perioperative Services; certification in Perioperative Nursing (CNOR). Current State of Texas Registered Nurse License; CNOR
1. Directs and manages the administrative and patient care activities of the Department. Provides leadership and collaboration in determining nursing standards and scope of service.
2. Ensures that Surgical Services are compliant with the recommended standards of governing bodies including: The Joint Commission, AORN, ASPAN, and AAMI.
3. Responsible for the measurement, assessment, and continuous improvement of the department's clinical safety, quality, and efficiency.
4. Ensures satisfactory relationships with medical staff including clear and concise communication regarding Surgical Services and hospital issues.5. Meets or exceeds financial goals and objectives of the department.6. Oversees both short and long term planning in all aspects of management, including facilities, equipment, personnel and staff development. Collaborates effectively with ancillary departments, Nursing and others to ensure all perspectives and issues are surfaced and proactively addressed.
7. Reviews facility fees and evaluates cost of procedures. Prepares reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and formulates appropriate recommendations.
Job Number: 312680