Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Surgical Services Director for a great opportunity in the Northern VA area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years current experience working in acute care hospital in the Surgical Services department and 3+ years of experience working in a Surgical Services unit in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director of Surgical Services
- Assures great service, growth, development, and personnel management to ensure consistency in the Surgical Services Department
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the Surgical Services program to ensure quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission
- Responsible for department's operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
Requirements of the Director of Surgical Services
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current and Valid RN license
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) required, Masters degree strongly preferred
- BLS Required RN License
- 5+ years current experience working in acute care hospital in the Surgical Services department
- 3+ years of experience working in a Surgical Services unit in a leadership role
- Ability to administer all proper clinical care of patient