The Supply Chain Director is a highly visible role within the organization, responsible for Demand & Supply planning, Strategic Sourcing & Supplier initiatives, and Materials Planning & Procurement. The incumbent will closely collaborate with Zoll business leaders and Finance to balance Demand, Supply and NPI’s driving Regional Management level S&OP. Extend leadership in all aspects of Procurement through breakthroughs and continuous improvement such as PPV/ VAVE savings, supplier development, joint ventures and collaborative partnerships with OEM’s to support production, service and new product development.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide engaging leadership to implement best in class Supply Chain strategies and practices across Planning, Procurement and Materials Management.
- Develop a high performing team and actively work on succession planning and talent development.
- Lead and evolve the S&OP process to educate/enable the organization via “scenario planning” to make sound decisions
- Drive inventory forecasting/budgeting, inventory control policies, and inventory management KPIs/reporting
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
- Ensure continuous supply of materials to production/service while supporting inventory objectives
- Proactively identify risks/threats to business continuity and develop mitigation plans to minimize or eliminate impact
- Lead efforts to identify and implement opportunities that will enhance profitability and growth.
- Lead and implement strategic sourcing plans including in-sourcing/outsourcing decisions
- Execute strategies and plans to establish and sustain supply agreements/contracts and cooperative relationships with suppliers to ensure an optimal combination of cost, quality and timely reliable service
- Participate in all phases of new product development in conjunction with Operations, Marketing/Sales, Finance, and R&D and develop sourcing strategies for current and future supply needs
- Partner closely with the supplier quality organization to hold supply base accountable on both delivery and quality metrics
- Develop long lasting relationships with key suppliers, OEM(s) and actively manage excess & obsolete (E&O), end of life (EOL) & last time buy (LTB) activity/metrics.
- Drive cost reduction/value improvement programs and value-added opportunities
- Build, manage and sustain a healthy PPV & VAE funnel and prioritize appropriately.
- Create, monitor and perform trend analysis on key commodities; communicate changing trends and market conditions
- Develop and deploy a metrics-driven strategy aimed at operational improvement through defining core competencies, cost drivers, customer needs and process efficiency
- Instill a culture of problem solving throughout the supply chain organization
- B.S. in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain (Masters Degree Preferred)
- Minimum12-15 years supply chain management experience with at least 7 years managing people
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Expertise in statistical analysis and problem solving techniques
- Leadership and management experience in developing and mentoring high performance teams across multi-departmental organizations
- Demonstrated results in leading PPV/VAVE cost reductions, supplier risk analyses and management, commodity strategy development, and inventory and cash flow improvements
- Substantial experience working cross-functionally with R&D, product marketing, finance and other functional teams in product development and New Product Introduction
- Team player with strong customer orientation and ability to work in a global and multicultural environment
- Demonstrated leadership, negotiation and public presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates Drive for Results in personal, team and organizational performance
- Models humility, transparency and integrity in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Directly supervises Procurement, Planning and Materials Managers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.