We are looking for an experienced Director of Supply Chain who knows how to create a great team environment and understands how to implement continuous improvement across the organization’s supply chain operations. In this role you will be ensuring that production needs and/or customer expectations are met, making sure that in-process good, completed merchandise, material movement, and inventory are optimized for efficiency.
We care deeply about pets and ensuring that they are healthy and happy, and we hope that you do as well. At Vetsource, we create a great relationship between veterinarians and their clients by enabling pet parents to get important medications and foods directly delivered to their homes. Whether interacting with Veterinary hospitals, pet parents, vendors, or other internal departments, we strive to keep our purpose at the core of what we do. Practice better in order to care better by providing innovative solutions to Veterinary practices that support happy and healthy pet families.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in understanding monthly forecasting, sales trends, and marketing initiatives to support the coordination of Supply Chain Activities and validate forecasted demands
- Manage and assess existing supply chain partners and vendors for products currently in production. Make improvements or changes as necessary.
- Oversees purchased goods, ensuring cost and quality standards are met.
- Produce monthly status reports that communicate to management project progress against plans/budgets.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives. Creates business process flow diagrams to identify opportunities to optimize planning.
- Assess departmental performance, identifying weaknesses and implementing operational changes to ensure the efficient flow of goods.
- Develops plans and procedures to carry out purchasing, inventory and materials management functions in accordance with Vetsource policies and uniform commercial practices.
- Develops trends and forecasts that can be used for operations and purchasing decisions.
- Ensures inventory management practices are consistent with all accounting standards. Tailors inventory purchasing to support inventory needs to achieve maximum financials and operational performance.
- Works with management using lean and six sigma methodologies to develop and implement new procedures to streamline processes and identify inventory discrepancies, including Sales and Operations Planning.
- Develop inventory targets and strategies to optimize inventory turns while maintaining high fill rates.
- Other duties/tasks as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven ability to follow through with projects and meet commitments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen and communicate information in a clear, calm, and concise manner in both written and non-written forms
- Experience conducting kaizen events, developing process improvement proposals, and developing mechanisms to ensure that processes get fixed and stay fixed·
- Ability to interact and work with all levels of the organization to effectively identify and assist in the development of enhanced processes and procedures
- Genuine passion for and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently and creatively solve problems
- Experience with lean, six sigma, continuous improvement or change management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to think creatively and apply strong analytical and problem-solving skills, driving issues to resolution
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google suites
- Oversight of all personnel activities including hiring, conducting coaching conversations, review of performance and goal setting, and payroll approval
- Meets regularly with staff
- Provide staff with feedback regarding performance metrics to include corrective action if necessary
- Responsible for coaching, training, mentoring and motivating staff
- Participate as a member of the management team involved in planning and setting strategy, projects, policies, and systems that impact the business as a whole
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model Vetsource’s Core Value Principles:
Do the right thing every time
Treat others the way they want to be treated
Embrace Change; Be innovative
Get it done; Work hard, have fun!
Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as computer science, business management, etc., or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in supply chain
- Three (3) plus years of experience in a management role
- Previous work experience with ERP systems
- Previous experience within the Pharmaceutical industry.
- APICS, Six Sigma, or other related certifications a plus
- Environment where dogs are present
- Normally quiet to moderate noise level
- Working at a computer for long periods of time
- Must be flexible for some travel, up to 15%