Director of Supply Chain - Titanium & Aluminum
US - OH - Cleveland
Responsible for supply chain strategy, customer satisfaction and oversite of the Metals and Forgings Titanium and Aluminum Value Streams. Achieves results through process driven excellence in materials management, sourcing, sales, and operations planning and production control. Key performance indiciators are on-time delivery, cost deflation, maximization of internal PCC manufacturing capabilities and working capital.
- Lead, develop and coach the site Materials function which includes buying, scheduling, production control and warehouse and logistics for the PCC Metals and Forgings Titanium and Aluminum Value Streams. Leverage spend for these commodities across all of PCC.
- Strategic development of all aspects of the raw materials supply chain. This includes negotiations & contract development, qualifications, delivered quality and establishing performance standards for new and existing suppliers.
- Support site inventory management objectives thru the optimization of physical inventory storage both on and offsite, cycle counting & physical inventory, proper inventory service levels and minimization of excess & obsolescence.
- Lead the Sales and Operations Planning process across the Metals and Forgings Group for all Titanium and Aluminum based products. Maximize on-time delivery between operating units. Maximize internal PC production capacity. Manage backlog, inventory and forecast data and analysis.
- Support New Product & Market introductions through joint partnerships with customer and supplier collaborations
- Develop and utilize metrics to drive continuous improvements of on time delivery, inventory management and vendor service levels.
- Own Master Schedule based on sales plans for short and long term planning, to support contract requirements; create/maintain databases/files.
- Improve processes and lead system enhancements to fully utilize Oracle capabilities for Order Management, Inventory, Sourcing and MRP.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic suppliers on assigned commodities.
- Support PCC supply chain goals and initiatives as directed.
Education and Experience
- BS in Administration, Materials Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or equivalent experience, an M.B.A. is desirable.
- APICS, CPIM or equivalent certification highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in Vendor negotiations and program development.
- +10 years experience with cross functional disciplines (Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, project management, and Finance)
- Change Agent with the ability to lead through vision & implementation; develops solutions through understanding of business processes, issues and concerns.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to skillfully plan and organize functions
- Experienced in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience with sourcing steel, nickel & titanium alloys
Experience with Lean manufacturing techniques is a plus. Background in commodities hedging is also desirable.
Cultural Fit – PCC Values
Drive For Results
Must be a self-starter and able to work both independently and within teams.
Excellent computer skills required, particularly Microsoft