Director of Supply Planning – Finished Goods drives all short-term and mid-term supply plans for all production categories across the entire Manufacturing and distribution network. The position is responsible for leading cross-functional teams that manage tactical production scheduling in a 24x7 demand driven supply chain, define and execute a rolling mid-range regional master plan with consideration to the organization’s S&OP strategy (optimize cost and service goals), coordinate demand/supply plans with our contract manufacturing customers and develop a focus on sustainable inventory control practices across the entire network. Responsibilities include centralized production scheduling, seasonal inventory pre-build execution, dynamic sourcing change management, high product availability, 3PL utilization, forward deployment roadmap, space/inventory planning, high warehouse utilization, and inventory turns management for finished goods SKUs. Focus on driving results (optimize cost and service) through efficiency (automation and continuous process improvement) while communicating effectively (objective & data-based) across the organization’s stakeholders.
- Oversee the production planning function to develop daily production schedules and master plans. Inventory strategies to maintain optimal inventory levels to meet desired customer service levels, achieve inventory turn goals, and avoid supply disruption
- Responsible for supply and demand balancing for all FG product categories over a multi-week horizon for the entire Niagara network consisting of multiple manufacturing and 3PL sites
- Publication of the master plans to the organization to facilitate decision around production hours of operations, changeovers, inventory, sourcing changes, project planning, etc
- Define and actualize plans to support planned vs actual changeovers and inventory holding cost are within the established budgets
- Accountable for integration of supply chain activities across the organization enabling optimal customer service, product supply, and inventory management
- Establish customer specific collaboration platforms (for Contract Manufacturing Customers) like weekly MPS, monthly CPFRs and quarterly QBRs
- Maintain a high degree of focus on functional KPIs as part of performance management initiatives
- Active leadership in team development through training, ownership and cross-functional rotations. Maintain focus on ORG structure to support Niagara’s high growth
- Lead the ongoing development and maintenance of inventory policy with consideration to demand, setup costs, holding cost to drive optimal inventory turns and service.
- Maintain a high standard of internal customer service using effective communication and information sharing tools with all levels within the organization
- Manage network dynamics/sourcing strategies by reducing cost while meeting service goals
- Able to anticipate and implement necessary changes to supply chain strategy and processes using automation/technology to support growth and commitments to customer
- Ensure high warehouse utilization by partnering with internal logistics and plants to understand storage capacities and ensure system values are updated
- Develop, manage and influence Niagara’s cost and profitability initiatives
- 3PL management by strategizing cost optimal product mix and controlling planned vs actual flow
- ERP knowledge in relation to design, structure, and capabilities to support planning requirements.
- Ability to select, hire, train and develop a strong, effective team. Implement cross training strategies to support continuous development
- Strong leadership skills in relation to emotional intelligence, active listening, and providing constructive professional feedback to team members
- Up to 25% - on average 2 weeks out of the year
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 8 Years – Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 2 Years – Experience in Position
- 4 Years – Experience managing people/projects
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 10+ Years– Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 4 Years – Experience working in Position
- 6 Years – Experience managing people/projects
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
List out all of the competencies required for the position following these guidelines:
- List what tools, equipment, or work aids are used and level of proficiency (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) expected for the role
- Performs work under direct supervision.
- Handles basic issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses beginning to working knowledge of subject matter.
- Strong verbal, writing, and presentation skills to communicate effectively with immediate team and peers.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in collaborative group environments
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
This position embodies the values of Niagara’s LIFE competency model, focusing on the following key drivers of success:
- Lead Like an Owner
- Manages a safe working environment, accurately documents safety related training, and effectively communicates safety incidents
- Provides strategic input and oversight to departmental projects
- Makes data driven decisions and develops sustainable solutions
- Skilled in reducing costs and managing timelines while prioritizing long run impact over short term wins
- Makes decisions by putting overall company success first before department/individual success
- Leads/facilitates discussions to get positive outcomes for the customer
- Makes strategic decisions which prioritize the needs of the customer over departmental/individual goals
- Continuously evaluates existing programs and processes, and develops new initiatives to increase efficiency and reduce waste
- Creates, monitors, and responds to departmental performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Communicates a clear vision, organizes resources effectively, and adjusts the strategy as needed when managing change
- Find a Way
- Demonstrates ability to think analytically and synthesize complex information
- Effectively delegates technical tasks to subordinates
- Works effectively with departments, vendors, and customers to achieve organizational success
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration in strategic ways
- Empowered to be Great
- Makes hiring decisions primarily based on culture fit and attitude, and secondarily based on technical expertise
- Engages in long term talent planning
- Provides opportunities for the development of all direct reports
- Understands, identifies, and addresses conflict within own team and between teams
- Minimum Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Data Analytics, Supply Chain or other related field
- Master's Degree in Business, Data Analytics, Supply Chain or other related field