$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Miami, FL 33299
Industry: Hospitals & Medical Centers•
Less than 5 years
Posted 87 days ago
THE COMPANY: Take your career in the right direction – join us at HealthTrust. Amidst the fast-changing dynamics of healthcare within HealthTrust and our parent company (HCA – Hospital Corporation of America), come work as a Director of Supply Chain Operations to put into practice sustainable, practical solutions that will ultimately transform patient care and the communities we support. More than 1,600 hospitals have partnered with HealthTrust to lower expenses and improve outcomes across healthcare operations. HealthTrust delivers supply chain, workforce, and clinical integration services to help healthcare providers improve performance with superior pricing and operator-driven practices. This is accomplished by hiring valued individuals like you! A seven-time recipient of a "Champion for Change" award from Practice Greenhealth, HealthTrust actively encourages and enables ecologically responsible purchasing alongside fully embracing a culture of integrity and a code of ethics.
Job Summary – The Director of Supply Chain Operations (also referred to as Supply Chain Director or SCD) is responsible for the daily operations of all supply chain functions conducted in the hospital facility. The SCD serves as the liaison between the Consolidated Service Center and the facility. Supply chain functions include, but are not limited to, inventory management, vendor relationship management, and managing supply expense in accordance with plans and objectives. The SCD is directly responsible for supply chain operations in the OR where applicable. The Director of Supply Chain Operations integrates the department's services with the hospital's primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support services, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff. As the leader, this person may recommend resources/space needed by the department and may participate in the selection of outside services. They serve as a key promoter of the Consolidated Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
Mercy Hospital- Miami, FL
• Mercy Hospital is a 488-bed HCA Healthcare facility located in Miami, Florida. The hospital is known for its comprehensive services, such as emergency care, cardiac and vascular care, and cancer care.
• Mercy Hospital is located right on the banks of Biscayne Bay and is just across the bridge from Key Biscayne. The facility is also just minutes from Vizcaya Museum & Gardens, a national historic landmark known for its cultural significance and beauty. For a facility with stunning views of the coast, look no further than Miami's Mercy Hospital!
• Miami is home to the world's largest collection of art deco architecture and is the only US city that was founded by a woman.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
• To attract the best talent, HealthTrust offers one of the leading 401(k) plans in the healthcare industry (a 100% match on up to 9% of pay based on years of vesting service).
• Generous Tuition Reimbursement program to support individuals seeking higher education.
• Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
• Balance of working in partnership with peers and completing tasks on an individual basis.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain, or healthcare related focus.
• Minimum of three years hospital management experience required
• Master's degree preferred.
Valid Through: 2019-8-21