Almost every part of our daily life is now digital, from hailing a cab to paying a bill. But our medicines have not caught up. They’re still stuck in an analog era.
Propeller Health is changing that. Our mission is to improve people’s health by connecting the world’s medicines. Our growing team enjoys working together to create and apply technology to challenging problems that have enormous social costs.
We empower people to lead their lives without the limits of their chronic diseases.
Why This Job Is Important
It is an incredibly exciting time to work at Propeller Health.
With the recent announcement regarding the acquisition of Propeller Health by Resmed combined with several upcoming commercial expansion programs, we will see our product scale to a massive number of users in 2019 and 2020 to help patients better manage their health.
Our main question: Can we now scale our operations as fast as we’d like to bring the Propeller Health software platform and sensors to our new patients across the globe?
That’s where you come in.
In this role at Propeller Health, you will work with our cross-functional teams at Propeller as well as with current and new partners to make it all happen. This will include big projects such as:
- Expanding our manufacturing capacity >10x and launch several new products
- Launching a new third party logistics operation in the US, EU and Japan
- Establishing entirely new distribution models with partners
- Expanding our software platform across the globe
You will work alongside some of the best and brightest people in the exploding digital health space including quality-regulatory, hardware and software engineering, finance, customer support, program managers and fulfillment. You will also work directly with our pharma and commercial partners to setup and optimize supply to bring products to patients.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Passionate about eliminating waste and getting stuff done
- Bold. You embrace risk and want to solve the tough problems that other organizations fear
- Naturally curious and believe in lifelong personal growth
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction
- Fantastic at oral/written communication & possess excellent organizational abilities
- Willing to travel to sites globally when required. Estimated at 0-20% travel per quarter depending on timing of product launches and audits
What You Will Do:
- Take complete ownership of the supply chain. This includes the business relationships, selecting new suppliers, contracting and performance-related controls
- Tightly couple the manufacturing suppliers and Propeller hardware design teams to build in design for manufacturing from the start and to ensure a smooth transition to production launch and continuous improvement thereafter
- Build out a global distributionnetwork leveraging suppliers for third party fulfillment and expanding to a new order handling & ERP system
- Modeling, forecasting, planning and reporting on inventory and capacity to balance the use of cash on inventory with ensuring supply to our programs at all times
- Obsessively drive cost out of the overall solution so we can bring Propeller to more patients
Experience We’re Looking For:
- 5-10 years of work experience in supply chain management of medical electronics/embedded systems manufacturing including high-volume (> 100k units/year) manufacturing and fulfillment vendors
- MS or BS degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- Direct experience owning QMS supply chain processes compliant with ISO13485 and FDA 21 CFR 820
- Direct experience with product development for medical devices - specifically with electrical and software components
- Direct experience building and maintaining inventory planning models, ERP systems and EDI or API system integrations with third party systems
- Six-Sigma Black Belt (or equivalent)