Position: Director of Supply Chain
The Director of Supply Chain is a key leadership role responsible for leading all Supply Chain activities related to the Production
Duties and Responsibilities
· Leads efforts in developing, assessing, maintaining relationships for all suppliers associated with the production of Transmedics Organ Care Systems (OCS) and related products.
· Identifies opportunities and prioritizes efforts to mitigate risks associated with single source suppliers of product and services related to Transmedics OCS.
· Leads cross-funtional teams in identifying best in class suppliers of products and services to be utilized in Transmedics products.
· Works with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to develop and implement a proactive Supply Chain Risk Management Program as part of managing current suppliers.
· Supports efforts to resolve technical and quality issues related to supplier performance.
- Creates and implements a long-term vision and process improvement path to simplify and streamline processes associated with demand planning, production planning, purchasing, inventory control processes and supplier manangement to remove inefficiencies.
· Leads efforts in negotiating and maintaining Contractual Agreements with Critical Suppliers.
· Ensures full implementation and efficient use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in the areas of forcasting, material requirements and production planning and inventory control.
- Establishes, tracks and reports on key metrics related to Supply Chain
- Serves as manager for the team; evaluates resources and develops a high performing team
- Performs other TransMedics tasks and duties as required.
- Bachelors Degree in a related discipline, Engineering Degree preferred.
- Masters degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management or MBA considered a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Medical Device or Life Science Manufacturing Environment.
- Prior experience leading Supply Chain teams in manufacturing organizations.
- Prior experience in supplier assessment and qualification.
- Outstanding ability to communicate clearly and effectively internally and with suppliers.
- Must have effective analytical and decision making skills.
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Well regarded as a strong team leader/manager with proven performance.
- Demonstrated experience as a champion for business controls within the organization.
- Experience with ERP systems and implementing/streamlining elements related to Supply Chain, Planning, Production and Reporting.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills.