Director of Supplier Diversity & Community Outreach
Field Operations — Dallas, Texas Atlanta, GA
Position at McCarthy Building Co
- Project Diversity Oversight: Provide leadership and support to the project staff in managing the Diversity Goals of the project through knowledge of Owner goals, goal tracking, recovery plans, and outreach events. The expectation is that all project inclusion goals are successfully achieved.
- Own the Business Deal: Work with Business Unit Leader, VP Ops, Pre-Construction Director and Business Development to develop initial strategy for project minority and inclusion goals.
- Inter Office Collaboration: Work with the Preconstruction teams to utilize Minority Business Enterprise & Women Business Enterprise (MBE and WBE), strategize buyout and create manageable scope packages to achieve goals. Work with the Contracts Manager to stay informed on prequalification status, contracting and bonding concerns. Work with project teams to strategize MBE and WBE.
- Identify Recovery Strategies: Take the lead on identifying and managing recovery plans with Preconstruction, Construction, VP Ops groups and external clients, if faced with MBE and WBE goal shortages.
- Diversity Outreach Events: Develop and organize “trade partner training” program with quarterly events held in the regional office. Oversee teams to organize project specific and Divisional outreach events. Attend and recruit employees to participate in industry outreach events. Build relationships with the MBE and WBE community and increase the pool of qualified MBE and WBE companies available for our projects.
- Project Pursuit: Assist the Business Development team as needed with MBE & WBE participation plan on pursuits and interviews.
- Function as Client Diversity Point of Contact: Build and maintain a trusting and collaborative relationship with owner stakeholders with an emphasis on delivering an exceptional client experience.
- Promote Diversity Culture: Encourage employees to take an active role in seeking out and utilizing MBE & WBE ontheir projects. Diversify employee representation at MBE & WBE Outreach events so to expose more individuals to the community. Report to Executive Management on the progress of projects. Be engrained within the MBE’ & WBE, Clients and Political Affiliates who have close ties to outreach and diversity.
- Embody the Values of McCarthy: Be the lead in representing McCarthy and its values to all project stakeholders, internal and external, including establishing and promoting a positive image of McCarthy within the community
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.