Reporting to the Associate Dean of SF Bay Area, the Director of Student Services is responsible for the design and implementation of a broad array of programs and services to provide a rich student experience for the Northeastern University – SF Bay Area student. Incorporating the University’s mission and core values, the Director oversees the development, implementation and continued improvement of programs, services and resources that are aimed to maximize student experience, retention, and success.
The Director serves as the primary point of contact for learners at Northeastern University- San Francisco Bay Area regional campuses located in San Jose and San Francisco. He/she is responsible for: serving the needs of a large and academically diverse student population across multiple disciplines and campuses with extensive student contact (in-person, phone & electronically); overseeing all aspects of student services programs and services at each campus; building effective relationships both internal and external to the University; and enhancing the learner experience through continuous improvement initiatives which ensure optimal experience for on-campus, off-campus, and international student populations.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide administrative oversight for all student services programs and functions at the regional campuses. This includes on-campus, off campus and international student populations.
• In coordination with University Student Services, manages student conduct and affairs for SF Bay Area regional campuses.
• Coordinate with Student Support Specialist, Student Ambassadors, Academic and Student Affairs team members to develop, manage and maintain a comprehensive, high quality level of services and student life events and experiences for SF Bay Area learners.
• Facilitate communication between the college, advisors, and faculty to improve student retention and success
• Work with Boston based departments (such as OSCCR, DRC, Library, Health Services, ITS) to ensure breadth of University services are available and easily accessible for all students.
• Assist Office of Global Services with the management of international student records and reporting requirements including serving as the primary Designated School Official (DSO) for SF Bay Area region
• Work in collaboration with Associate Dean and leaders in the Lifelong Learning Network (LLN) to identify student services needs and opportunities for continued improvement and development of new programs and services.
• Coordinate and execute student service models for the learners regardless of the mode of instruction or physical location of the students.
• Support the overall enrollment and retention goals of the SF Bay Area Campuses. Work collaboratively with Enrollment Management (and Enrollment Coaching vendors) to ensure that introduction to courses at any SF Bay Area Campus are smoothly and effectively managed and executed.
• Utilize CRM (Salesforce) and Student Information systems reflect an accurate student record and student reporting functions.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external university partners
• Manage the Student Ambassador Programs, student workers and career services
The main areas of responsibility include: Student Services and Resources; Student Events; International Student Services & Enrollment; Student Data Management.
Bachelor’s required, Master’s degreepreferred in Student Services or related field with minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in academic and/or student life fields in the higher education. Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of managing multifaceted and dynamic projects. Must enjoy working with learners and helping to guide them through their program to graduation. Flexible, creative thinker open to new ideas and changing priorities within a fast-paced organization. Strong writing, communications, project management skills and ability to manage stakeholder expectations is essential. The ability to be a self-starter and bring teams of individuals together in a collegial and empathetic spirit, whilst able to relate with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Ability to think and act both analytically and strategically. Experience working with a student enrollment and registration databases are a plus. Finally, the individual must be able to work independently and be an integral member of a team. Bilingual is a plus.