Director of Student Health Services
Less than 5 years experience • Education
SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Posting Number: 0170064
Position Title: Director of Student Health Services - AMENDED & EXTENDED
(Office of the Vice Chancellor of Student Development)
(All postings close at 4:00 PM): 11-21-2017
Job Type: Administrative - Director
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages assigned faculty and classified personnel, including hiring, staffing, orientation, training, and performance management, with collaboration from Student Health Services Department Chair.
2. Supervises and evaluates classified staff and assigned faculty in accord with District policies, contracts, and procedures. Reviews and approves documents necessary to effectuate assignments and pay of personnel under their supervision, i.e. assignment forms, time sheets, leave of absence forms, etc.
3. Manages the professional conduct of assigned personnel in accord with District policies, contracts, and procedures. Collaborates with Employee Relations in resolving employee disciplinary matters; serves as the administrative grievance officer in employee discipline processes.
4. Monitors clinical provider schedules on a regular basis to ensure adequate and efficient work flow of faculty and classified staff, with collaboration from the department chair.
5. Provides consultation to Nurse Practitioners (NPs), Medical Evaluation Assistants (MEAs), Licensed Mental Health Providers, and Physician Consultant/Director as needed.
1. Develops the annual operating budget. Responsible for monitoring revenue and expense projections on a semester basis and as needed. Recommends, implements and monitors multiple SHS budgets in compliance with district guidelines, to ensure department, programs and special projects operate within budget and remain fiscally sound.
2. Monitors and approves supply and equipment requisitions. Coordinates purchasing and inventory management of supplies and equipment with designated classified staff. Oversees receipt reconciliation, petty cash and deposits to Bursars Office.
3. Seeks insurance reimbursement mechanisms within context of allowable regulations and health care structure. Serves as liaison to external insurance and managed care organizations, including Family PACT enrollment, billing, fund management and audits.
4. Seeks grants and other funding opportunities to support the department budget in collaboration with district CCSF Grants Office. Seeks to acquire and administer external funding for support and enrichment of SHS programs, in collaboration with other CCSF departments, public and private entities.
1. Facilitates data-driven performance improvement efforts relevant to Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and equity, staff satisfaction, employee productivity/learning outcomes, and unit safety activities.
2. Provides leadership to program Department Chair, faculty and staff in their assessment of student and service learning outcomes relevant to programs and services.
3. Collaborates with Physician Consultant/Director on maintaining clinical policies and procedures driven by patient care and regulatory requirements.
4. Maintains clinic and lab policies and procedure standards to meet compliance with appropriate external regulatory bodies (e.g. OSHA, CLIA).
5. Contributes to college-wide efforts supporting studentretention and success by collaborating with district multi-disciplines in the following areas: behavior intervention/student conduct and participation on the CAIR (College Assessment, Intervention and Response) Team, sexual assault/Title IX compliance, federal compliance of Drug Free Schools, emergency preparedness, other campus climate-related initiatives (e.g. smoke/tobacco free college, sexual misconduct, food insecurity, etc.), and compliance with college accreditation; serves on Health & Safety Committee as required or needed.
1. Collaborates with Buildings and Grounds to maintain building infrastructure and safety.
2. Engages department personnel to assess new technologies and software to improve and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the workplace.
1. Performs public relations and patient liaison activities, including complaint disposition and conflict resolution, and patient advocacy regarding hardships due to individual student health matters.
2. Attends appropriate District meetings including designated Board of Trustees, Management, Student Development and external committee/board meetings or events as appropriate.
3. Serves as the liaison between senior administration and department and programs to affect decision-making, resolve problems and to anticipate and respond to future student health and wellness needs.
4. Plans and implements outreach services to all college locations as resources allow, with collaboration from program department chairs, faculty and staff, college and center deans.
5. Maintains an understanding of current research and practices pertaining to areas of responsibility through education and training, (professional development) and through professional organization participation.
6. Leadership for Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), grants, State and Federal collaborative programs.
7. Promotes a work culture aligned with the College's mission to promote the delivery of customer service, innovation, and quality services to students, employees, and the community.
8. Serves on District and state-wide committees as assigned including participating collegially on CCSF Participatory Governance committees.
9. Attends Board of Trustees' meetings; makes presentations and submits reports and action items related to areas of responsibility.
10. Attends national, state, and local conferences and workshops.
11. Perform additional administrative duties and services as requested and assigned.