Florida Career College is a leader in post-secondary career education. Our mission is to drive personal and community transformation by empowering students to make a positive and enduring life change. We are consistently searching for like-minded compassionate professionals who strive to be the best in their respective fields. Our top candidates share ourcommitment to helping students build the skills to create a future of which they can be proud.
We are currently seeking an Director of Student Finance to join our team at our Orlando Campus. In this position you will be responsible for providing vision, leadership and direction for the campus Student Financial Services Department. This position is also responsible for ensuring compliance of financial aid policies and procedures with institutional, federal, state and accreditation regulations and guidelines and overseeing the accurate and timely disbursement of student financial aid.
Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures.
- Directly or indirectly leads 1-5 employees in the Student Financial Services Department.
- Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Trains, develops and manages Student Financial Services department and representatives, re-trains/updates when mandated changes occur.
- Administration of Title IV program.
- Ensures Federal, State, accreditation, and institutional guidelines for student enrollment and financial aid eligibilities are met.
- Monitors student financial assistance process to ensure financial aid packages are established, conveyed and funds are disbursed in a timely manner.
- Advises students in a thorough, complete and customer-service manner to determine financial aid needs/options.
- Answers financial aid questions with students and/or parents.
- Reviews student files to ensure accurate funding.
- Coordinates training of Student Financial Services Department staff.
- Assist as needed with "entrance/ exit" loan counseling.
- Ensures timely disbursements of federal funds to students according to Federal, State, accreditation, and institutional regulations.
- Interacts with outside agencies including the US DOE, State, Accrediting Agency, lenders and guaranty agencies.
- Monitors & maintains electronic data entry, retrieval & reconciliation of all financial aid funds.
- Maintains required federal & state certifications for self & staff to ensure employment eligibility.
- Responsible for accounts receivable and bad debt management.
- Takes appropriate measures to minimize default rate (entrance interview, exit interview.
- Oversees the coordination and completion of required reporting and department quality control activities and measures.
- Department budget preparation, implementation and management.
- Associate's degree or comparable work experience required. Bachelor's degree with coursework in math, business, finance, auditing or accounting strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a financial aid department of an accredited college or university with direct responsibility for advising on or awarding of Title IV activities or programs. Knowledge of Federal & State loan and grant program programs;
- Experience with work-study, scholarship & campus based funding programs;
- Experience completing Return to Title IV calculations
- 3+ years of management experience
- Ability to build productive relationships with all departments involved in the student enrolment process.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Prior experience developing and managing department budgets
- Detail oriented & problem solver; ability to research problems and provide resolution
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload;
- Accounting background preferred
- Must be able to obtain Certificate for authorization for service, must not be debarred from Title IV programs, and not in default on Title IV student loan.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced and dynamic work environment. In addition, full-time colleagues have a variety of benefits available that include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, a generously matched 401(k) plan, voluntary benefits and much more.
If changing students' lives is also important to you, and you have the qualifications reflected above, we would love to hear from you!