Position Purpose Provides vision, direction and oversight of all programs and services for undergraduate students with disabilities. Ensures that students receive disability-related services, academic adjustments, and program modifications to achieve equal opportunity in the College's programs, services and activities. Collaborates with faculty and staff to implement approved accommodations, and partners with the institutional ADA/504 Compliance Officer to promote campus-wide educational programs, awareness and access for students with disabilities.
Required Qualifications Education & Experience
• Master's degree with relevant concentration
• Minimum of five years of leadership and supervisory experience in a campus accessibility/disability services department
Skills & Knowledge
• Demonstrated experience with and broad knowledge of college student accessibility/disability services, including assessing the needs of students with disabilities, aligning, coordinating and implementing academic adjustments, auxiliary aids and services along with advising students with disabilities.
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills necessary to ensure effective and timely delivery of reasonable accommodations and the recruitment and retention of professionals dedicated to working with students with disabilities.
• Working knowledge of current disability-related civil rights and other laws applicable in higher education and demonstrated commitment to maintaining appropriate professional development in the field.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and relate effectively with deans, faculty, administrators, staff, students and families.
• Outstanding proficiency in teamwork, collaboration, flexibility, and organizational problem solving.
• Outstanding administrative, organizational, supervisory and fiscal management skills.
• Solid foundation in student developmental theory and its application to professional practice in higher education.
• Demonstrated cultural competence, commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse campus population.
Preferred Qualifications Education & Experience
• PhD in a relevant discipline highly desirable.
• 7-10 years of experience directing a campus accessibility/disability services office
SEIU Level Not an SEIU Position