This role is about owning our key channel relationships, generating and closing new opportunities, while playing a key role supporting the Revenue Team - here are are a few key expectations:
- Know the Product and Tech: Quickly get up to speed on Marqeta's technical capabilities, the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge and credibility about what we bring to our customers.
- See Around Corners: Use your expertise in payments and your relationships with our channels to ensure Marqeta is staying ahead of the curve in terms of key industry trends, our key partners' evolving needs and how our product can improve to meet the market. Be a voice for Marqeta in key market forums, conferences and industry events.
- Produce Regular Insights and Recommendations: Based on conversations with the Revenue and Product teams, with input from the Executive Team and others, produce regular deliverables in the form of reports, key insights, recommendations and suggestions for the Marqeta team.
- Manage Key Processes: Manage the annual strategic planning process for Marqeta, as well as establish a regular cadence of input / output for intra-year adjustments to the strategic plan.
- Identify Market and Customer Opportunities: Be obsessed about identifying new verticals and customer opportunities for Marqeta, such that on at least a monthly basis, you are collaborating with our BD team to ensure the team is focused on the highest ROI opportunities you are seeing in the market.
In addition to proven strategy consultingexperience, we’re on the hunt for the following attributes:
- 7+ years experience in strategy and/or business development roles
- Familiarity and ease with technology, B2B technology applications and how technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Strong understanding of the payments ecosystem, with a particular focus on the card issuing side
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- A person of strong character and integrity, who can consistently represent Marqeta’s values, contribute to Marqeta’s culture and inspire direct reports and our entire organization to exceed expectation
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality deliverables. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and craves high quality feedback from colleagues. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. At home in a high-paced, intense but informal start-up environment.
- Revenue Orientation: You truly love customer interactions, diving deep into the numbers and influencing people and outcomes. You make things happen and simply put, produce results. You excel in your communications, whether face-to-face, email, phone or otherwise, and can successfully navigate inter-personal dynamics with a variety of business owners, managers and stakeholders.