Reporting to the President and serving as a member of the senior staff group, this position will lead and oversee the development, deployment, and execution of strategic planning, growth, and improvement initiatives. The successful incumbent will materially and directly influence the translation of the business unit's strategy into actionable plans and projects and will follow-up and follow through. The successful incumbent must be a high energy leader, capable of leading by influence across all formal organizational and departmental boundaries and must be an advocate of cultural change while simultaneously keeping an unwavering focus on the central importance of the customer to all business operations. This position will collaborate with, and take secondary direction from, the Corporate's Strategy and Corporate Development function to ensure alignment between corporate and business unit strategies and execution plans. This role will also be actively engaged in business development activities of identifying opportunities for strategic alliances, joint ventures, or potential acquisitions that complement the core capabilities of the business and that align with the business unit strategies.
- Works with the senior management team, project managers to implement and institutionalize our new strategic plan.
- Works with the President and with other key senior leaders to develop a roadmap for organic and inorganic growth by proposing, developing, harmonizing, and coordinating business plans designed to achieve strategic objectives.
- Develops, maintains and updates a formal on-going business risk assessment, together with means for transferring or reducing business risk.
- Annually updates the multi-year strategic plan and leads deployment of strategy execution programs for the current year.
- Seeks synergies with other operating divisions of Corporate consistent with or in support of the division's strategic business plans.
- In coordination with corporate development resources, identifies and evaluates new business opportunities by way of strategic alliances, joint ventures, mergers, or acquisitions; develops and presents associated business cases.
- Plays a key role in leading or contributing to successful execution of acquisitions including financial modeling and valuation, due diligence, development of letters of intent and purchase agreements, pre-close planning, and post-closing integration planning.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment
Education & Experience: A relevant Bachelor’s degree and an MBA are required. Five to ten years of directly related experience in corporate strategy and/or business development functions at the managerial level. Significant experience with strategy consulting firm is a plus.
General Working Environment: Office environment. Travelrequired including overnight travel.
Equipment and Applications: PC’s, databases, Microsoft Office applications, project charting software.