The Consumer Information Services Business Development & Alternative Data Strategy team works closely with our product and engineering teams, to drive growth in our business and to bring world-class talent, technology, products, and businesses to our clients and customers through third-party partnerships and acquisitions. The team is responsible for working across product and corporate teams to negotiate, structure, and execute impactful partnerships & acquisitions. The team is responsible for informing product strategy by surfacing unique partnership & acquisition opportunities and competitive intelligence.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with product teams and senior management to identify and execute partnerships and acquisitions, collaborating across functions with Finance, Corporate Development, Legal and the executive team to ensure they are accretive and generate or exceed expected returns.
- Key Contributor to the assessment, strategy development and planning associated with new business initiatives and other strategic efforts, partnering with product and engineering teams to launch innovation efforts.
- Execute on our alternative data strategy by creating differentiated data assets and developing alternative data analytical products and services. Expand our key alternative data assets including alternative financial services, consumer permissioned data, rental and property data, and wireless & utility data.
- Execute strategy and partnerships to expand our business in high growth verticals such as Insurance, FinTech, and Tenant Screening.
- Develop industry-wide relationships to create new partnership and acquisition opportunities, inform product strategy and roadmaps, and stay abreast of the competitive landscape.
- Conduct research and competitive analysis for special projects, develop alternative solutions, present findings, and make recommendations.
- Support both Company’s and business unit’s culture of trust, commitment, accountability and innovation.
What your background looks like
- 5+ years of related professional experience.
- Experience managing partnership and M&A processes for a wide variety of transactions and complexity.
- Diverse set of experiences across strategy development, client engagement, competitive intelligence, market analysis, product innovation, data analytics and operational excellence.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and adeptly with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to track and manage complex processes from start to finish.
- Skillfully handle complex situations, multiple responsibilities, and balance priorities of long-term and immediate projects.
- Ability to define strategy, articulate vision, and create plans on how to move forward and work collaboratively with teams to influence change.
- Ability to effectively drive and manage through change, can shift gears as needed and make fast, data driven decisions. Seeks to continuously improve outcomes. Can comfortably handle and lead through uncertainty and risk
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, while also managing the details and driving tactical execution. Independent and articulate thinker who can make compelling data-based arguments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; internationally recognized MBA strongly preferred