Director of Strategy and Business Development
Less than 5 years experience • Patient Care
Surgical Care Affiliates, Director of Strategy & Business Development
Surgical Care Affiliates is one of the largest providers of outpatient surgery in the United States. Based in Deerfield, Illinois, SCA strategically partners with health plans, medical groups, and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 220 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 3,000 physicians. In early 2017, SCA was acquired by Optum, which is part of UnitedHealth Group.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Director of Strategy & Business Development is a key member of the sales growth leadership team and will be leading initiatives that change the trajectory of the national healthcare cost crisis. This role will be cultivating relationships with SCA’s most influential physician customers and regional leadership teams. This role has extremely high visibility to the SCA and Optum Executive teams and will report to the Senior Director of Strategy and Business Development.
Primary areas of focus include:
- Strategic oversight for industry conferences, with a focus on spine, total joint and cardiovascular specialties
- Lead regional physician engagement events
- Cultivate strategic partnerships and execute on partnership initiatives
- Train SCA teammates on emerging clinical and policy updates impacting ASC industry
- Develop marketing strategy for physician recruitment
- Develop new business models to support physician independence
- BA degreerequired MBA from a top business school highly preferred
- A minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience with exposure to the healthcare industry, including experience working with physicians required
- 25-50% travelrequired, and flexibility for occasional remote work.
- Demonstrated leadership in effective project and meeting management
- Exceptional communication skills and adapting approach to different customers
- Detail-oriented and ability to execute flawless event planning
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptional experience with Excel and PowerPoint