Title: Director of Strategic Sourcing
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Minnetronix Medical provides award-winning product design, development, manufacturing, and IP innovation services to the medical device and life science marketplaces. Minnetronix’ experienced engineers and manufacturing teams provide expertise on a wide range of Class II and Class III medical equipment, such as cardiovascular systems, point-of-care diagnostic instruments, therapeutic devices, implantable devices, and monitoring equipment. Minnetronix has led over 200 design and manufacturing projects for 125 different medical device and life science firms, ranging in size from small start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. FDA Registered, ISO 13485 Certified.
The Director of Strategic Sourcing uses best practices to ensure continuous supply of the specified products & services at the best cost to meet strategic goals and objectives. S/he is responsible for planning, implementing and supervising the activities of commodity management, supplier selection, contract agreements, and purchasing.
The Director of Strategic Sourcing is a member of the Production Business Team, the Quarterly Business Review, and the Strategic Planning team.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Creates and drive supply chain strategy and communications, deliver strategic objectives, and oversee materials management activities, including Demand Planning, Buying, and Customer Service operations.
- Evaluate the Purchasing and material control group’s performance against established metrics and expectations.
- Ensure that purchasing team works with suppliers to achieve targeted delivery lead times while minimizing working capital investment.
- Ensure the materials and supply chain is aligned and performing to support the execution of site product production and development using, demand plans and other site systems and tools.
- Support continuous improvement efforts.
- Communicates supply chain strategy information in customer sales meetings and participates in customer and regulatory audits as required.
- Responsible for managing process for creating and maintaining costed bill of materials for all product quote proposals.
- Set expectations so that contracts, in/out sourcing objectives and initiatives, purchasing, and materials planning are met.
- Manage inventory receipts to achieve working capital and cash management goals and objectives.
- Manage approved supplier base and strategic commodity plans
- Manage and execute goals and responsibilitiesassociated with company procurement and sourcing organization.
- Manage proposal quoting, cost analysis, reports, budgets, supply utilization analysis and capital expenditure management as needed.
- Set expectations, select, develop, coach, inspire, mentor and evaluate staff capabilities
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Resource Management, Manufacturing or related field.
- MBA or Masters degree and/or any certification a plus (APICS certification or Certified Purchasing Manager-CPM, Certified Supply Chain Professional-CSCP).
- Green Belt certification required. Certification in Six Sigma, TQM, TCO, Lean and Continuous Improvement methodologies a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in running a sophisticated supply chain (strategic sourcing, managing suppliers, industry analysis, contract management, negotiations, and forecasting); with a minimum of five (5) years in leadership role overseeing the work of team/department. Medical device preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of leadership principles and practices, supervision, training, coaching and mentoring, and talent development of a diverse group of people.
- Preferredexperience with electronic components and assemblies with supply material spend of $50M+.
- Must have strong financial/budget management skills, strong written and verbal communications skills, strong contract negotiating skills, and organizational strategic vision