The Director Strategic Sourcing Hotel Operations is responsible for leading and directing the sourcing management team in all strategic sourcing activities for assigned categories relating to Hotel Operations for MGM Resorts International and its subsidiary companies.
- Develops and leads a team of sourcing professionals. Executes and broadens "best-practice" sourcing techniques. Provides oversight and direction of strategic sourcing efforts for assigned Hotel Operations related products and services required by the company's portfolio of properties.
- Develop category strategies and managed spend programs designed to maximize the department's contribution to the company and meet present and future demand.
- Responsible for data management and analysis by reviewing and ensuring that thorough financial, spend, supplier and market analysis are completed for all sourcing projects. Partners with cross-functional project teams to ensure successful project launches, implementation and compliance. Accountable for supplier selection and contracting by review and approval of the Request for Proposal documents prior to issuance to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Works closely with Supplier Diversity team to ensure contract opportunities are made available to diverse suppliers when possible. Reviews and approves award recommendations and scenarios, based on identifying the best supplier(s) to provide the right products, the right quality, at the right time for the best overall value.
- Works in conjunction with Corporate Legal to negotiate and execute supplier contracts. Controls program compliance & maintenance in the development and implementation of solutions to identified issues.
- Facilitates supplier performance reviews. Tracks and manages supplier performance using Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Seven (7) or more years of strategic sourcing experience with spend responsibility of at least $50M.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business administration or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and work
- Five (5) or more years of experience in the management/supervision of employees.
- Previous experience in hospitality and casino operations.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Stratton Warren, Coupa, and/or Spot Fire.