Are you ready to work for a more active world?
At Bioventus, our business depends on developing our people. We invest in you and challenge you to be the best. We value our colleagues for their different perspectives and individual contributions, and our leaders listen. Our success rests on working together to achieve shared goals and rewards. Join a diverse team of global colleagues driven to help patients resume and enjoy active lives.
Who is Bioventus?
We are the market leader in developing clinically proven and cost-effective solutions for pain treatment & joint preservation, restorative therapies and bone graft substitutes with products recognized for their safety, innovation and effectiveness.
$350+ million in annual revenue
800+ employees worldwide
Helping 440,000+ people every year
The Bioventus team always puts patients at the forefront, and their needs are the priority in the choices we make and actions we take.
Director of Strategic Pricing
Full time, Office Based, Durham NC.
The Director of Strategic Pricing will provide innovative, influential leadership in developing, evaluating and implementing pricing strategies and tactics for products, markets, and services across Bioventus. This position requires a wide range of financial expertise and experience in both the provider aspects of healthcare pricing and managed care contracting. The Director of Strategic Pricing continually studies and explores evolving pricing strategies, methodologies and tools, across healthcare and other industries, incorporating into Bioventus strategy. The Director of Strategic Pricing works closely with other enterprise functions, including but not limited to: Marketing, Finance, Market Access, Sales, and Revenue Cycle, to provide sound strategic and tactical recommendations for a variety of Bioventus initiatives. Collaboration with other individuals and teams across the system is extremely important. The Director develops pricing strategies, structures and tactics for markets, services, and payer contractual arrangements. examples include: Average Selling Price (ASP) Management, value based pricing, GPO, and IDN contracting.
Ideal candidates have strong interpersonal skills and determination to provide the best possible experience to our customers and coworkers. They strive for excellent performance, driven by the willingness to both teach and learn. They are good team players, dynamic, optimistic, accurate, well-organized, and ambitious about developing as a leader.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with Marketing to develop pricing strategy for each brand and portfolio of products including competitive price assessments as part of annual and quarterly commercial business reviews.
- Developing pricing & contracting strategies with National Account Directors for the brand across all payer customer channels (e.g. managed care, Medicaid, Medicare, etc) executing on the deliverables that accompany pricing strategies, tactics and implementation.
- Develop list and net pricing recommendations, including contracting guidelines and preparation of business case documentation for Pricing Committee review and approval
- Conduct financial modeling of pricing scenarios incorporating market environment risks to assess the brand’s gross to net price strategy, including impacts to ASP
- Assess and model scenarios for impacts/risks/opportunities of proposed government legislation, payer and environmental changes
- Forecast and monitor ASP, along with finance counterpart, incorporating impacts of pricing and contracting actions
- Act as business lead responsible for projecting and monitoring payer mix and aggregate discount levels by channel
- Develop multiple financial models to support the detailed gross to net short-term forecast build and long-range forecast, including pricing model upkeep and improvement
- Maintain pricing intelligence including environmental trends and knowledge of pricing and market access requirements across customer segments
- Identify and anticipate key trends and assess opportunities and risks for pricing strategy development
- Inform/participate pre-launch and launch activities related to price/payers; partnering with teams across – Channel, State Price Transparency, Government Pricing, Contracting, Brand Team, Legal
- Collaborate with Contract Operations team to provide input into contract development, administration, and performance
- Lead assessment of quarterly government pricing calculations and submissions, in partnership with finance
- Develop and execute presentation/training for Market Access field team related to pricing and create presentations for senior management meetings
- Support efforts involving investor relations requests (as needed), external and internal communication pricing requests
- Engage in special projects as requested
What you’ll bring to the table
- Contract/Pricing enterprise software experience (Example Simply & Vistex)
- BA/BS, preferably with an MBA to support future professional development opportunities and minimum 8 years of related experience.
- Experience managing a brand pricing strategy with prior Marketing experience is preferred.
- Excellent communicator (demonstrated writing skills, verbal skills)
- Demonstrated proficiency with SharePoint, SAP, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of the evolving healthcare payer/provider environment
- Knowledge of the pharma/medical device industry and trends
What you’ll receive
- The satisfaction of driving real change in the industry and people’s lives
- A diverse global community of people who are driven by a shared purpose to help patients
- A business that acts with integrity in all interactions with co-workers, leaders and customers
- We value others and build success by appreciating differences in thought, opinion, background, skills and perspectives
- An environment of continuous learning and development
- Flat organizational structures which elevate employees’ level of responsibility
- Meaningful opportunities for professional development and mentoring
- Competitive compensation package, including bonus
- Exciting benefits package, including three weeks’ vacation; medical, dental and vision benefits; life insurance; and a 401(k) plan
Are you the top talent we are looking for?
Apply now! Hit the “Apply” button to send us your resume and cover letter.
Bioventus is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.