The Director of Strategic Partnerships (DSP) is accountable and responsible for managing the channel sales team responsible to manage contracted EMR/EHR and HIT vendor customers in ambulatory, acute and long-term post-acute care markets. In this position, you will be responsible for quarterly/fiscal year revenue and strategic user scale goals for the division. You will research, define strategy, execution plans and manage the team to successful results in growing sales of DrFirst products/services to our channel Partners and their customers. You will also personally manage a small book of high-value customers to drive deep-relationships and expanded revenue for DrFirst and its partner customers. The DSP works closely with and reports directly to the division Executive Vice President.
Who will love this job
- A driver who works with purpose and passion; someone who will elevate our management team through new perspectives, ideas, and solutions.
- A healthcare sales veteran who understands challenges, trends and opportunities in the healthcare market and how EMR/EHR and HIT vendors serve ambulatory and acute care customers.
- A proven consultative sales performer who can influence and deliver value to customer executives, sell additional product/service solutions and exceed growth-minded company revenue goals.
- A B2B reseller channel expert who understands how to build mutually beneficial and lasting relationships with channel partners including collaborative strategies and execution plans for sales/marketing success for joint solutions.
- A builder who enjoys building teams, new processes, systems, and structures as well as optimizing existing ones.
- A trusted advisor and leader who sets a high-bar, develop and grow his/her team to perform today and tomorrow, and liaises effectively with internal and external business partners and customers.
- A collaborator who recognizes the value of working with key stakeholders across the organization developing the go-to market messaging that positions DrFirst competitively to accelerate winning market share and profitability.
- A strategic operationalist who utilizes a data-driven approach to make decisions and set a clear strategy and operating plan for our sales team to hit ambitious revenue goals
What you will work on
What you'll do
- Lead and Manage: The Director of Strategic Partnerships is responsible to lead our channel sales team in successful relationship management and consultative sales to contracted EMR/EHR customers. We think it's important to lead by example and for our strategic customers to collaborate with our leadership team. As Director, you will both lead the team and manage a small book of very important customers. It's important we bring expertise and earn the trust of our customer executives. You will set the bar for the quality and execution of our team in delivering.
- Consult: You will "go deep" with strategic customers to better understand their business goals, company situation, solutions and how to achieve greater mutual benefit in the future. You'll lead a team that needs to accomplish this at executive and functional management levels for greatest impact and results.
- Grow the Business: DrFirst solves important problems in big ways. We're a growth company with large opportunities to capture. This role will require deep and creative thinking to achieve market-leading results in brand-new to mature market segments. You have to believe it can be done and have a vision and plan to get there.
- Deliver Results: The ability to clearly see the right goals, make strategies from existing and new ideas, deliver the right execution plan and manage to desired results will make you incredibly successful at DrFirst. You'll be working some of the best HIT companies in the nation. We are committed to producing world class products and business practices that drive differentiated value to our reseller channel. Being skilled at managing competing priorities, pivoting and adjusting quickly, and thinking about the big picture are keys to success.
- Marketing Programs: It's critical to help our reseller channel increase their success in selling/marketing our combined solution to customers. This requires knowing their needs, capabilities, capacity and business drives. The ability to develop high-quality marketing plans, campaigns and resources for our channel to leverage is required to enhance results.
- Problem solving: The problems we are solving for the industry and with our customers are unique and complex. This takes critical thinking, root cause analysis, and issue dissection with the team to come up with the best solution.
- Coach and Mentor: Teaching and coaching is an integral part of this role. We want people who want to share their experiences, best practices and knowledge to elevate the team as a whole.
- Collaborate: We have some of the brightest minds and talent in healthcare. Our best work is done when we seek and leverage the ideas, skills and capacity of our peers to achieve more. As a Director of Strategic Partnerships, you will need to work well across functional and executive teams to develop the best strategies, plan and accelerate results.
- Self-Starter: You're a Director and we will count on you to own, lead and drive your piece of the business and team forward. You will be responsible for an incredibly valuable set of customers to the overall success of the company. We are looking for life-long learners who are curious and willing to act. People who have a growth mindset, stay up on their craft, and always keep an eye out for what's next and how it can lead to new opportunities.
What you should have done / What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree
- 15+ years sales experience (B2B and B2C)
- 3+ years sales management experience
- Healthcare market and IT experience with a fundamental knowledge of EHR solutions and vendors
- Consistent proven performer for meeting/exceeding quarterly and annual revenue goals as an individual sales performer or leader of sales team
- Proven success with solutions sales of complex software products/services in the healthcare market
- Demonstrated understanding and expertise of managing high-performing reseller channels
- Demonstrated sales/marketing expertise and experience developing marketing programs for reseller channels that lead to improved sales results
- Created and managed fiscal year budgets and execution plans for team
- Proven coach/mentor to grow sales personnel to higher levels of performance, capability and satisfaction
- Sales operations expertise for managing a high-activity sales team who are able to manage customer relationships and be domain experts as they solution sell for exceptional results
- Have prior successful job experience at a company with an entrepreneurial, high-growth and collaborative culture
- Led the development of financial models, pricing strategies and business plans in collaboration with executive, finance, product and operations teams
- 25% interaction and meetings in office
- 50% travel to customers, events and DrFirst offices
- 25% desk and phone