The position of Director of Strategic Accounts is responsible for developing new business relationships and serving as the first level of support to existing clients. The Director of Strategic Accounts serves as a point of contact for the client, and is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service and consultation services. They will represent client needs and goals internally within TransPerfect to ensure successful project completion and client satisfaction. In addition they will develop relationships with prospective and existing clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The Account Executive works any day-to-day project leadership activities including collaborating with clients, account managers, and production teams during the planning and execution phases of each project.
The successful candidate will have solid account management skills, excellent problem solving skills, the potential to design and implement technical solutions, and the ability to build strong relationships with client and internal teams in multiple geographies.
- Lead specific tracks of work for large complex localization projects
- Assist in creating and monitoring adherence to project plans/budgets
- Be responsible for all client communication, understanding client goals and interests and discussing project requirements with clients.
- Communicate the client's goals, project requirements, and represent the client's interests to the team to ensure client expectations are met and managed.
- Work closely with the project management team to maintain continuous knowledge of project status to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
- Coordinate with colleagues in other departments for the purpose of ensuring efficient workflow.
- Ensure clients are regularly informed of project status and maintain clear communication with clients to ensure client needs are met and any issues are resolved.
- Cold call prospective clients in the pharmaceutical industry, and develop new leads and accounts via creative business development strategies.
- Strengthen and expand relationships with existing accounts
- Assist in new business development (proposal development, meetings, and presentations)
- Develop strong understanding of company capabilities and services, and effectively communicates offerings to the client.
- Compose or generate a variety of materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, manuals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, training, providing written reference and/or conveying information regarding the status of projects, etc.
- Perform other special projects or duties as required
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in account management
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Prior experience in managing complex projects a plus
- Excellent planning, organizational, and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Independent, self-motivated, results-oriented, and dynamic
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of project management tools
- A localization background is preferred but not a requirement