About the Job
The Director of Strategic Account Management is responsible for strategic account relationships with Enterprise and Midmarket customer while developing and directing a team of Account managers. Critical to the achievement of strategic and financial goals for 8x8, this position will drive sales to the strategic accounts and oversee selling and business development activities for all 8x8 solutions to an assigned customer base and is responsible for the achievement of booking goals.
- Provide coaching to account management team. Identify gaps in product knowledge, management, and account management skills within the teams. Ensures that team is aware of trends and responds to client/market demands with relevant products and services to drive revenue.
- Manage and build the pipeline for the strategic accounts, forecast accurately and a drive to hit/exceed your number.
- Drive the growth and penetration of our largest strategic accounts.
- Lead the creation of a sales plan for teams with tactical action steps to execute that plan to meet and exceed sales/revenue goals.
- Foster the creation and assignment of upselling and retention goals
- Develop and implement programs to achieve desired monthly and quarterly results.
- Create and nurture high-level strategic relationships and promote 8x8 thought leadership to customers.
- 6-10 years relevant industry experience and a proven track record in account management leadership in a SaaS environment.
- Ability to manage pipeline, forecasting and drive deals to closure.
- Must have “Executive Presence” when meeting with C Level executives such as CMO, VP of Sales, CEO, CFO, etc.
- Has deep knowledge of Enterprise account management methods and awareness of market trends.
- Ability to present a business case for multiple product offerings into enterprise solutions.
- Must be able to listen actively and passively to understand customer problems and correctly interpret requirements to implement a solution strategy and propose 8x8 products to meet the client’s need.
- Must be able to demonstrate credibility with key. customer/prospects and develop strategies that will give us the competitive advantage by utilizing integrated solution based. programs involving the full spectrum of products and services.
- Ability to manage multiple issues and opportunities at one time across the book of business.
- Experience in creating and overachieving to bookings and revenue plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Self-motivated and highly professional demeanor.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills both written and verbal.