We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.:
At Advance Auto Parts a Director of Store Operations is a leader of leaders in the Region. The Director of Store Operations must be knowledgeable of all facets of operating multiple (100-200) Advance Auto Parts stores. The Retail Director of Operations will work closely with the Regional Vice President to achieve the Company’s goals and objectives by managing assigned projects or specific areas of responsibility, with an emphasis on deployment and execution of AAP strategic initiatives. This is a development position to prepare individuals for a Vice President of Operations role over the next 18 to 24 months.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with RVP, VPO, HR VP/ Managers, Asset Protection Manager, etc., to set and execute the company’s key strategies in the Region
- Work closely with the Store Support Center in the development and preparation of initiatives for the field.
- Develop annual plans and maintain at least a one-year outlook on sales growth, budgets and forecasts, business trends and bench strength
- Build and maintain a high standard of customer service that creates superior customer experiences and loyalty; coach District Managers in a way that is inspirational, improves results and produces high levels of customer service
- Gain an understanding of team dynamics to identify and develop talent for future leadership roles
- Maintain constant focus on building high performing teams through a culture of training and development for internal Team Members, aggressive acquisition of outside talent, and low turnover
- Drive a culture that values diversity and supports a fair and respectful environment for both Team Members and customers; including high performance, recognition, candid feedback and rewards for performance existing on their team
- Spend 80-90% in stores to ensure proper execution of all initiatives, consistent high quality store conditions, and all Team Members are demonstrating exceptional customer service skills; visit competitors in all classes of trade to evaluate their best practices as applicable
- Demonstrate an eagerness to challenge the status quo and create best practices to improve process and results across the region
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to interpret P&L and action plan to drive growth
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience as a multi-unit manager at Advance Auto Parts or equivalent role at like organization
- Management experience managing multiple individuals and stores
- Ability to build strong relationships with area business partners
- Demonstrated teaching and coaching skills with Team Members
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to company management, public groups and/or Board of Directors
- Ability to respond effectively to people, both internal and external
- Computer proficiency required, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The Team Member will be required to spend extensive time traveling in and/or driving a vehicle
- Some overnight travel will be required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree (B.S.) in a related field; and/or
- 5 to 10 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education or training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- ASE certification preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and meet the company’s driving requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.