It is the responsibility of the Director of Stewarding to provide the leadership, management, and direction of the Stewarding department for the Food & Beverage Division for MGM Springfield and integrate its functions into the resort experience.
- Direct stewarding team to ensure departmental strategic goals and intent are being met and exceeding expectations.
- Review monthly department P & L and budget. Analyze and address areas concern and define needs for improvement. Find ways to improve P & L results and communicate with stewarding managers accordingly to implement changes and plans of action.
- Meet regularly, supports, and maintains close communications with all F & B management on a daily basis working to supply their equipment and cleaning needs.
- Establish plans of character, integrity, and of quality which result in the long-range continued growth and profitability of the Food & Beverage Division.
- Monitor all work areas for compliance with health department regulations and takes actions to correct any deficiencies.
- Establish par levels and storage requirements for supplies and equipment, completing requisitions to replenish stock and anticipate additional items for peak periods, holidays, and special events.
- Make routine inspections of all equipment and kitchen areas to ensure that cleanliness and sanitary procedures are maintained and to ensure that all equipment is in proper working condition.
- Maintain inventory of and record keeping for all dinnerware, flatware, glassware, linen, chemicals, paper-goods, and kitchen small wares.
- Direct Human Resources responsibilities for assigned departments to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction, quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the companies diversity commitment; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Handle all stewarding related labor relations issues. Assists in the investigation of such issues. Provide recommendations and issues appropriate counseling, suspensions, and terminations (as approved by VP).
- Suggest the selection, purchasing, and usage of all related F&B supplies and equipment for the restaurants.
- Work closely with local, state and governmental organizations in maintaining highest standards or health, sanitation and cleanliness in food and beverage area.
- Oversee on the job training & development programs through stewarding managers on a regular basis.
- Implementation of F&B policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, directives, work schedules, rules and regulations for the stewarding staff and personnel.
- Develop new techniques of operations towards maximum guest satisfaction at minimum operating costs for all F & B outlets.
- Develop and establishes effective relationships, ensuring positive communications between all operating departments.
- Evaluate weekly FTE reports and volume indicators guiding restaurants managers to ensure they are operating the most effective, highly productive, and financially efficient operations.
- Act as a coach & mentor to all stewarding management guiding them on a daily basis. Ensuring each of them is leading by example and adhering to all policy & procedures of the company, property, and department.
- Ensuring all venues are managing in accordance with departmental financial control policies.
- Promote teamwork, recognition, and positive morale.
- Keep managers abreast of any new procedural changes on a regular basis.
- Observe the various F&B venues and ensure a safe working environment for all employees and guests.
- Other job related duties as requested
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Assistant Exec Stewards
- Kitchen Workers (indirectly)
- Utility Porters (indirectly)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, other related field, or equivalent leadership experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in stewarding or similar field that includes managing or leading a team that handled both quantitative & fine dining venues, multiple bars and lounges, and a full service banquet convention facility.
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- MA Gaming License as required
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States