$200K — $250K *
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops the Spa Operation Department’s business plan to support enterprise initiatives, enhance guest experience, financial planning and profits, team member development, retention strategies, and operational excellence.
2. Hires, trains and supervises Spa Operations Department including recognition, coaching/counseling, and corrective action. Conducts interviews for all management positions. Effectively advises in hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, disciplinary actions, and terminations. Directs and instructs management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques to ensure hiring and retention of qualified and efficient team members.
3. Creates environment that motivates employees to collaborate, learn, perform, and develop their skills. Develops a high-performing team through thoughtful team member professional development, effective timely performance assessments and productive workflow processes. Identifies and provides feedback on objectives and assess performance and service excellence. Creates a compliance culture within San Manuel and fosters an environment where team members feel empowered to report potential violations and/or misconduct. Promotes excellent guest/team member relationships by reacting promptly, efficiently, and courteously to all guest and team member concerns.
4. Oversees ongoing development and positioning of Spa offerings in terms of overall concept definition, philosophy, treatment & menu offerings. Reviews and refreshes Spa product offering in line with current guest and industry global trends – anticipates and sets future trends.
5. Maintains high-performance work environment and provides leadership throughout areas of responsibility to insure optimum internal and external partner relationships. Works collaboratively with departments to create unique events and promotions to attract high-level Casino and Hotel guests. Proactively identifies various market opportunities; makes recommendations to management regarding visual, branding and marketing strategies
6. Responsible for development of Spa annual budget and forecast. Responsible for inventory, revenue and margin management related to spa service, salon service, retail, spa facilities (including pool operations). Leads Spa management team in defining, tracking, and reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual KPI’s to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
7. Develops, reviews (with Compliance Department) and implements policies and procedures as well as Standard Operating Procedures. Monitors and ensures all Spa team members are properly trained to adhere to health and safety regulations from the Health Department, San Manuel policies and procedures, as well as industry-specific regulations for health, safety, and cleaning and sanitation. Oversees all day-to-day department-related operations including retail receiving, fulfillment, compliance, accounting, vendor selection and management, and strong Warehouse collaboration. Oversees cleanliness, health and safety of all spa facilities, retail area and dispensary for professional Spa products.
8. Curates strategic, favorable and marketable membership, and wellness and fitness programs.
9. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Valid through: 5/25/2021