When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As the Director of Sourcing at Hines, you will be responsible for management and coordination of the sourcing/procurement process for Property, Facilities, and Engineering related spend for a major portfolio of commercial office buildings. Partnering with Accounting/Finance, Facilities Management, Property Management, Engineering to create and drive category strategies, strategic sourcing, contracting actions, lease analysis, and supplier relationship management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic Sourcing: Proven expertise with the various sourcing tools, negotiations strategies, analytical methods, and supplier relationship management commonly practiced and used within a world-class Global Procurement organization
- Contracts: Understanding of supply agreements and contracting best practices; must have the ability to work within existing contracts process and make meaningful recommendations and action plans for improvement to reduce risk and streamline process; experience creating standard scope, pricing, and other templates is required
- Work closely with client’s management team on sourcing projects as an outsourced consulting resource managing both operational and capital project sourcing activities
- Manage each sourcing activity with integrity, professionalism and transparency, in coordination with property management and engineering staff
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with the client to report on sourcing activity
- Establish annual expense and capital sourcing plans, strategies and schedules
- Supervise Sourcing Managers. Provide training, support, guidance and feedback on their work product
- Prioritize sourcing workload and delegate tasks to ensure that projects are performed efficiently and timely
- Provide reporting on Sourcing KPIs, quarterly and annual sourcing activity/savings and annual projected contract escalations for use in budget creation
- Review vendor spend to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiencies
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred or equivalent years of direct experience required
- Ten or more years’ experience in a Property/Facilities Management, Engineering Services, or Sourcing/Procurement position
- Process – Development of consistent and robust process documentation for procurement efforts to support onboarding of new vendors and serve as ongoing resource.
- Develop vendor performance management process, including standard SLA’s and training for vendor managers and vendor scorecards.
- Enhance Hines standards for sourcing and contractual controls and create consistent programs for Hines Paying for Itself
- Technology – Recommend tools to support strategic efforts at scale
- Tools & templates for RFPs, analysis techniques, contract scope of work and pricing structure
- Ability to analyze and benchmark operational/vendor data on-account to achieve optimal results
- Develop connection to other tools within the procure to pay process