At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto!
Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Leading our commodity management team, you will ensure our new product designs are executed with qualified suppliers at competitive prices and within our product development schedule. You will provide leadership, mentoring and execution of goals and objectives of the commodity management team.
Through your leadership, you’ll ensure the early adoption of commodity strategies into the engineering’s design and/or manufacturing objectives throughout the NPI process.
What You’ll Work On:
- Lead the development and execution of long-term, global commodity strategies that deliver a competitive advantage to the business.
- Develop short and long-term global market trends.
- Establish Supply Bases that will serve our new product requirements in the next 3 years.
- Identify gaps in direction vs. industry. Provide recommendations to address gaps.
- Include contingency plans and risk analysis.
- Encompass a sourcing plan (% share of business) reflective of portfolio management: Long-term agreements, annual contracts, spot buy, purchase contracts, etc.
- Develop complex, global and comprehensive supplier/buyer contractual relationships. Develop negotiation strategies and drive negotiations to achieve stated goals and objectives.
- Own communication for contract data and volumes across global teams, modalities and supply base as appropriate.
- Develop commodity specific performance criteria and award/remove business in accordance with results.
- Work with suppliers to drive improvement on all areas measured within the supplier scorecard.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of relevant sourcing and procurement experience.
- A proven track record of coaching, motivating and supporting a team.
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills; able to forge strong relationships and maintain credibility internally and with suppliers abroad.
- Forming and leading cross-functional ‘strategic’ technology teams.
- Able to foster early supplier involvement with design engineering to drive best cost at launch.
- Experience managing and developing best-in-class new and existing suppliers that can scale.
- BS in Engineering, Operations or Supply Chain Management preferred
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.