This role is ideal for someone looking to have one foot in engineering and one foot in Business Development. As part of SoundHound’s engineering leadership team, you’ll be joining a deeply technical culture (with hands-on coders all the way up to the CEO level) and will have direct impact on key technical decisions and roadmaps. As a “dotted line” member of SoundHound’s BD team, you’ll also be a key technical voice in the team’s efforts to massively scale partnerships and revenue streams. You’ll be a primary point of contact for external stakeholders, while forging strong ties and establishing credibility within our engineering organization.
In this role you will:
- Build and maintain a broad knowledge base with sufficiently deep understanding of the constantly evolving technologies powering the Houndify platform
- Apply this technical knowledge base in the context of Business Development and Sales efforts, joining customer interactions early in the pre-sales process
- Attend weekly engineering management meeting led by CTO and attended by all Director and Exec-level team members relevant to engineering, contributing detailed weekly summary of Solutions Engineering activities, and commenting on any relevant engineering efforts and priorities
- Strategize with Business Development, Product Management, and Exec teams to create customized and scalable Voice AI solutions that generate massive revenue growth
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have hands-on technical background at both systems and code level
- You have extensive experience successfully navigating sales/pre-sales contexts
- You understand emerging use cases and architect innovative technical solutions
- You are a persuasive communicator with ability to form/maintain strong customer relationships
- You have experience defining scope of technical deliverables and negotiating acceptance criteria
- You have significant industry experience (typically 10+ years), plus a BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).