Reports to: SVP Operations
Location: Phoenix, AZ
About the Company:
Founded in 1996, the company is a privately held manufacturer of vitamins and nutritional supplements. The company was created to bring a higher level of quality and service to contract and private-label manufacturing. Today, the company serves some of the industry's largest and most-respected customers in the retail, multi-level marketing, e-commerce and sports nutrition industries.
Their state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly facilities in Phoenix, Arizona, exceed cGMP standards and allow them to grow in anticipation of their customers' needs. With over 350,000 square-feet of production and warehousing space, as well as continued expansion plans, the company is equipped to bring their customer's product vision to market.
The company employs over 800 associates and generates revenues in excess of $200mm annually. They are majority owned by a regionally focused private equity firm with a focus on long-term value creation and stewardship.
The Director of Manufacturing, Solid Dose will lead the operations of the company's 250 employee, solid dose manufacturing plant in Phoenix AZ. This facility generates nearly half of the company's revenues producing vitamin/nutraceutical tablets and capsules. The director is responsible for all operational aspects of the facility ensuring that the highest quality products are produced and delivered on-time with a minimum of yield loss. The Director will define operational standards and KPI's and drive the team to attain them while always looking for opportunities for continuous improvement.
Desired Skills & Experience
· A four-year college degree is required
· A minimum of 10 years total experience is required
· A minimum of 5 years of previous management experience in a manufacturing environment is required
· Previous experience in the pharmaceutical, vitamin or nutritional supplement industry is strongly preferred
· Previous experience leading solid dose (tablets, capsules, powders) operations is ideal.
· A proven track record of success delivering high quality product on time
· Previous track record of using continuous improvement tools (Lean, Six-Sigma, Toyota Production Systems, etc.) to drive improvements in plant operations
· Proven track record of developing promotable employees.