In this role you will help lead our rapidly expanding engineering team. You will help build and scale our product suite that helps to redefine the products and technologies for small businesses to compete on the Internet. In addition to helping us make informed decisions about technology, you will also help 5M+ Small and Medium size businesses optimize their business. This is a senior role (and we mean it) with a fine blend of technical chops and management skills. You lead from the front and help otherdevelopers around you grow and shine. You are equally comfortable debating about priorities with Product Management as determining which technologies to use to build a scalable product.
- Oversee several software engineering feature teams
- Collaborate with feature teams and other leaders to ensure success of strategic business projects
- Constantly iterate on and improve the development process
- Deliver clear vision, direction, and standards for the engineering organization and ensure their compliance.
- Fosters and maintains close working relationships with the Product, QA, and UX departments.
- Provide career development, coaching and performance management for engineers, team leads and engineering managers
- Participate in phone screening and interview process to bring new talent in to the engineering organization
- Help reinforce a great engineering culture at Web.com
- Ensure process and standards compliance, design and implementation quality and participate in the development and evolution of same.
- Work on issues that impact development success or address future concepts, products or technologies
- Establish transparency by broadly communicating architecture and strategy goals and ensuring compliance.
- Conduct regular 1:1s. Provide useful feedback to your direct reports, peers, managers, and others in the company.
- Clearly communicate the business goals to the engineers and keep them front and center. Ensure engineering is always adding business value. Communicate engineering tactics to the business side.
- Adroitly prioritize tech-debt pay-down projects as well as larger strategic initiatives (versioned deployments, deployment frequency).
- Motivating and inspiring your teams to excel in all aspects of engineering
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years in a comparable role defining and developing beautifully simple software
- A MINIMUM of 5+ years of experience directly managing, mentoring and hiring Software Engineers
- Previous experience managing full-stack development teams developing modern interactive web applications with demonstrated hands-on experience
- You can spot and attract amazing talent and have a passion for being a mentor
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and to execute, set and define solid goals
- Problem solver with a mindfulness of ease of use and simplicity
- Experience working with large-scale production systems, data platforms / warehouses
- Knowledge of industry best practices using object oriented design and design patterns, being mindful of sustainability and supportability in everything you do
- Able to bring clarity to problems through structured thinking and effective communication
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Flexible work hours and a tenure-based remote work policy
- Open PTO Plan
- The gear and tools you need to be at your most productive
- Quiet areas for Getting Things Done, and minimal meetings
- Reimbursement for learning materials and an allowance for attending technical conferences
- Experienced product and engineering leadership that make your professional development a priority
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Festival-related perks