Director of Software Engineering
Help us to create the best in-store and online financing experience for consumers of all means and credit backgrounds. In this role you’ll join a small but growing engineering organization that architects, designs, and delivers the applications and software to support our rapidly growing business. You’ll get an opportunity to deliver with leading edge technologies and collaborate with other amazing engineers establishing norms and best practices for engineering at Koalafi.
For this specific role, you’ll be a technology leader expected to drive architecture, manage work & engineers, and partner with the business & stakeholders to ensure Koalafi is achieving company goals.
Position & Title
- Domain Lead
- Leveling to be determined based on candidate experience and qualifications
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, and deploy new software solutions, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Engineer solutions with CI/CD, Quality, and Observability as first-class citizens.
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices.
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them.
- Recruit and hire exceptional engineers to support company growth
- Manage software engineers
- Expert knowledge of programming languages: Required: React and Node.js, Preferred: C#, golang
- Hands-on experience with modern web technologies: React, Redux.
- Extensive experience in developing web based, enterprise applications and microservices.
- Knowledge of architecting and delivering applications to any of the major cloud providers: AWS, Azure, or GCE.
- Hands-on experience with containerization, service mesh-based architectures, and technologies in this space like Kubernetes and Docker.
- Skilled at performing research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of scrum/agile software development process.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly logical.
- Four-year college in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Systems
- Minimum 10 years industry experience