Director of Software Engineering
We’re one of the fastest growing consumer finance companies in America. Why? We’re making it simpler, faster, and more transparent to purchase the things you need to make your life go.
By combining smarter technology with a relentless focus on customer experience, we’re transforming the financing experience for essential life purchases in retail stores nationwide.
Position is responsible for designing, executing, assessing, and troubleshooting software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle on our digital products. The senior software engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve software/product issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, and deploy new software solutions, enhancements, and bug fixes
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications
- Run and monitor performance and quality tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Determine, develop, and maintain user manuals, training materials and documentation
- Lead in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining software
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will improve performance and/or functionality
- Model business and application processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models
- Lead other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications
- Provide guidance and mentor new/junior members of the team
- Expert knowledge of programming languages, including Golang, Node.js, Python, and C#;
- Skilled in multiple structured programming languages, object- oriented, and functional programming
- Hands-on experience with modern web technologies such as Vue, React, and Angular
- Deep knowledge of architecting and delivering applications to any of the major cloud providers: AWS, Azure, or GCE
- Hands-on experience with containerization, service mesh-based architectures, and technologies in this space like Kubernetes, Istio, and Docker
- Engineers solutions with CI/CD, Automation, and Quality as first-class citizens
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Skilled at performing research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Highly logical
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Extensive experience in developing web based, enterprise applications and microservices
- Hands-on experience with application development tools
- Proven experience in development of complex projects including technical design and analyzing requirements
- Strong knowledge of scrum/agile software development process
Education & Experience
- Four-year college or university program certificate in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Systems; or 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of experience in C#/.Net programming
- 10+ years hands experience designing and developing enterprise applications
- 7+ years’ experience managing projects and/or teams
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How?
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about point of sale financing, retail, and consumer empowerment, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: Book and street. We have to use all of the tools at our disposal to build Koalafi.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's access to life essential goods and services are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.