Reporting to the Vice President of Software Development, the Director of Software Engineering is responsible for managing multiple Agile development teams for a single product line.
- Coordinate with Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Engineering, and internal customers to deliver functioning features, enhancements, and remediations.
- Team capacity planning to assure that team sizes and make-up are aligned with development needs and company goals.
- Create, maintain, and track job postings for new hires.
- Team member onboarding/offboarding activities.
- 1-on-1 meetings with team members.
- Approve and track PTO and expense reports.
- Resource/skill needs planning and balancing.
- Create, maintain, and report on tactical and strategic schedules.
- Establish and maintain communications with all project stake holders, participants, and business units using Cofense standardized tools and channels.
- Assure/coordinate communication on strategic product direction in partnership with Product Management, other impacted business units, and the software development organization.
- Proactively ensure communication and coordination with other teams and business groups.
- Ensure defined quality standards are met independently and through coordination with Quality Management.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is complete and available to all project stake holders and participants in authoritative collaboration tools (currently Jira and Confluence).
- Spearhead training and off-site activities for the team in coordination with otherengineering and business groups.
- Identify and provide/arrange individual training as needed.
- Status reporting as required but no less than on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and deliver regular and incidental project status updates.
- Perform process reviews and recommend/enact improvements in alignment with Engineering and Quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Possess a background in Ruby development and related technologies is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience delivering projects on-time in an Agile framework.
- Ability to interact with product, sales, marketing and the engineering teams
- Deep understanding of SDLCs, with specific and extensive experience with Agile frameworks (Scrum/Kanban).
- Strong management skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Approximately 10% travel. Some occasional international travel may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred. Strong preference given for bachelor and advanced degrees in software technology related fields.
- 5+ years’ experience in technical leadership.
- 5+ years personnel management, including second level management of multiple teams.
- Experience managing complex software development projects within an Agile framework (Scrum/Kanban).
- Experience as a ScrumMaster or Product Owner is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
- US Telecommute
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.