If you want to use technology to solve business problems and desire to contribute to growing organization, we want to talk to you. You will lead a team of stellar software developers to design, develop and support both new and existing customer software products.
The Director of Software Development role is a direct hire opportunity with one of our clients in Southfield, MI. Target salary range is up to $200,. Local candidates strongly preferred. No relocation, sponsorship, or C2C arrangements available.
Responsibilities of the Director of Software Development:
- Build and maintain self-organizing teams of motivated, talented software engineers.
- Craft, implement and maintain consistent software development policies and standards throughout the department.
- Ensure a consistent, efficient architectural approach across all projects.
- Implement and maintain consistent build and deployment plans for all projects.
- Drive continuous improvement and new software technology initiatives throughout the department.
- Work with senior management to effectively prioritize development efforts.
- Work with Human Resources to fulfill future software engineeringstaffing requirements.
- Be a leader and mentor for all software engineers.
- Take high-level direction, formulate plan to achieve goals, and work hands-on with other software engineers to prototype, create frameworks, and execute a plan.
- Work directly with business partners.
- Effectively and objectively research new software technology concepts and tools and make recommendations.
- Set the direction for coding standards and reviews, approaches to common development challenges, requirements for scalability and security, and design reviews.
Qualifications of the Director of Software Development:
- 4 years Director or higher-level experience managing software teams.
- 12+ years of diverse software development experience, including extensive experience with Web-based APIs and applications.
- Strong background with Object-oriented design and implementation.
- Extensive database design/data modeling experience.
- Application of security concepts and best practices.
- Have detailed technical understanding of .NET, MSSQL, Angular, Azure, Front-End Development, and other platforms for applications and services.
- In depth knowledge of Azure architect and Azure development.
- Experience on Microsoft Azure VM SQL service, Cosmos DB, Cloud services, IOT, service fabrics, storage, and others.
- Experience in configuring & monitoring different attributes and handling scale up and scale down scenarios for the application in Azure.
- Provide best practices around provisioning production and non-production environments on Azure to optimize the usage.
- Must have experience running Agile development efforts and be able to demonstrate your ability to manage them alongside traditional development efforts.
- Performance tuning of cloud based applications for best performance.
- Experience in troubleshooting across of variety of platforms.
- Have successful experience working in fast moving, technically diverse environments while bringing a deep appreciation for the structure and processes necessary to manage effectively across multiple projects.
- Passionate about new product development, launching new products and driving user adoption.
- Technologies: Azure App Services, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, Azure Deployment, GIT, Internet Information Server, Design Patterns, ETL, Windows Task Scheduler, Networking, ASPNET Web MVC, and ASPNET Web API
- Tools: Red Gate SQL Tools, Visual Studio 2017, Visual Studio Code, Resharper, SQL Server Management Studio, Azure Storage Explorer, Azure Storage Emulator, and Paint.NET
- Third-Party Software: SAP, ZenDesk, Salesforce, BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Microsoft Office, SendGrid, and MailBee
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… it’s not about what you know, it’s about who you know?
At HireNetworks' company, Campbell & James Executive Search, it really is all about who we know.
By leveraging our strong community and business relationships, we ensure access to a high-end talent base of executives who meet and exceed your needs. At Campbell & James Executive Search, finding high-end talent for high-end organizations is what we do best.
HireNetworks and Campbell & James are equal opportunity employers.