Mythic's platform delivers the power of a desktop GPU in a single low-power chip, supporting inference for large deep neural networks. Mythic's technology is based upon an entirely new hybrid digital/analog flash calculation using 8-bit non-volatile memory arrays which has been under development since 2012. This step change in performance brings in a range of new applications in a broad array of verticals, including safety and security, autonomous vehicles, VR/AR, robotics and media.
Mythic is a fast-growing company with 100+ employees, $91M in funding from top tier investors, and $M's in NRE revenue from existing customer accounts. Mythic's investors include Softbank, Threshold Ventures, Lux Capital, and Data Collective.
About the role:
We are seeking a Director to lead the development of Mythic's integrated software toolkit. Our software teams are developing a full stack of machine learning tools, from firmware and drivers to compilers and AI training with machine learning frameworks. The Software Integration team works with component software teams to pull the components together and create a cohesive and user friendly toolchain. Our integration efforts also include internal tooling to support and accelerate development and provide integration testing in our CI environment. If you are passionate about leading the development of intuitive software tools, and want to work with a deeply technical and enthusiastic team, we would love to talk with you.
This role is not location specific. However, candidates will be expected to keeping working hours in line with either Pacific or Central Time.
What you will be doing:
- Build and manage teams to accelerate Mythic's software integration efforts.
- Work with component engineering teams and product management to improve user experience.
- Oversee the integration architecture and coordinate alignment and compatibility across the components of the Mythic software stack.
- Work with software component teams to coordinate package releases and ensure integration acceptance and quality criteria are met.
- Be responsible for the regular release of Mythic's software toolchain.
- Drive improvements in software development processes within your team and across Mythic's entire Software engineering group.
Here is the background we hope you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in software management roles, preferably across diverse applications, with the ability to contribute both technically and as a people manager.
- Demonstrated experience planning and resourcing projects, and mentoring teams.
- 15+ years of software development experience, including:
- ** Strong understanding of C++ and familiarity with modern C++ (C++11 or newer)
- ** Experience developing and deploying Python-based data processing products.
- Experience with agile/scrum development processes and leadership.
- Previous ownership of delivering software products for hands on use by a large customer base, including familiarity with UI/UX development.
- Ability coordinate with multiple teams and individuals across the organization, including component engineering teams, as well as Product Planning and Business Development.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
The following are nice to have but not required:
- Experience with driving the rapid growth of high performance teams
- Demonstrated ability to drive the deliver of high quality software
- Experience with software quality assurance
- Experience with DevOps/CI processes
- Experience with machine learning frameworks or tools (such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, ONNX, etc)
- Familiarity with cloud service provider APIs and services (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS, Azure) and developing cloud-integrated solutions
- Familiarity with embedded and/or FPGA systems development (e.g. experience with embedded systems toolchains, IDEs, driver and firmware development)
- Experience in venture funded startups
At Mythic, we pride ourselves in creating a culture where all employees feel valued and appreciated for the diverse perspectives and backgrounds they bring to the team. We aim to hire smart people, give them the resources they need to do their job well, and then leave the rest up to them. We celebrate individual differences and encourage people to be comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. At the end of the day, we are committed to building a diverse workforce where everyone belongs.
Mythic is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to reviewing your application!