Talentfoot Executive Search is representing an American public broadcaster and television program provider that is consistently rated as one the most trustworthy institutions nationally.
The Director, Social Media will develop strategic social media programs to support programming to drive awareness, engagement, tune-in and streaming.
The Director will serve as an internal and external subject matter expert, working withinternal cross-functional teams, and partnering with the stations social media/digital teams, as well as lead ongoing efforts to expand into emerging platforms.
The Director of Social Media will have an understanding of best practices across relevant social channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat and other emerging platforms. He/she will drive creative, rich and immersive storytelling within each social platform to garner engagement and activity. The Director will provide recommendations to teams on overall social channel strategy, content development, content planning, optimization and roll-out.
Reports To: VP of Digital Marketing
· Lead social media content planning initiatives, including social channel prioritization, social asset optimization/development recommendations (images, video content, stop motion, etc.), copy and messaging development, and reposting initiatives across company and partner social channels
· Establish the social media team as a Center of Excellence internally, and serve as a resource to producer and station partners to push the boundaries of social content and innovation
· Lead communications efforts with station and producing partners by proactively posting information and best practices via closed Facebook groups, emails, and in person presentations
· Work with media teams and agencies on providing recommendations around paid social amplification of social content
· Collaborate with internal and external creative teams on planning, creation and roll-out of immersive social assets native to each social platform
· Plan, monitor, strengthen, and maintain presence on key social mediachannels (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Tumblr)
· Assist with on-site/event/in-production social media strategies and execution at major events, conferences, meetings, and other public activities
· Develop company-wide social media efforts and strategies to drive engagement, exposure, tune-in, and fan evangelism
· Review and analyze data (i.e. growth patterns) from social mediamarketing and measurement services; set goals based on the current data; and use data to formulate strategies that increase engagement and exposure for all social media outlets
· 8-10 years of digital or social mediamarketing and/or communications experience
· Successful track record in managing social media accounts for high-profile organizations
· Experience with business, strategy, and campaign development
· Background in social asset development and creative planning; experience in art direction a plus
· Working knowledge and understanding of social media and monitoring suite suppliers
· Bachelordegree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· In-depth familiarity with online and social mediamarketing best practices and algorithms, and ability to communicate them to various internal and external audiences
· Ability to remain creative, diplomatic, calm under pressure
· Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional department, and to foster communication and collaboration internally and externally
· Strong project management and organizational skills
· Ability to take initiative and act proactively