Description K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs.
The Director of Social Media and Content Marketing creates the social media and content marketing strategy and builds and leads a team of content and social media specialists in the Marketing group.
AS A DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL MEDIA AND CONTENT MARKETING, YOU WILL…
• Translate business objectives into social and content strategies and campaigns to deliver business impact;
• Drive campaign development that engages industry allies, teacher, parents and students;
• Partner with creative and video teams to deliver best-in class break-through creative work;
• Deliver consistent brand experiences for audiences engaging with K12 on social media, overseeing channel management and all publishing;
• Oversee all content creation for the K12 blog;
• Integrate with internal marketing stakeholders—including PR, paid media, creative services, research and project management---to ensure collaboration of corporate and brand strategies;
• Partner with our regional marketing team and schools to perform audits of their social media sites, deliver best practices and guidelines, and share content and assets
• Partner with internal groups using social media (careers, PR and more) to share best practices and guidelines and collaborate on content as appropriate
• Develop and lead our influencer strategy to deliver on brand and business goals;
• Manage our SEO agency and deliver a content strategy that increases our organic reach;
• Develop scalable link building and outreach strategy in partnership with PR;
• Stay attuned to emerging social and content platforms and strengthen the company’s presence on ones that most align with the brand’s audiences;
• Lead and develop team of social media and content specialists, fostering a performance-driven, highly-engaged team;
• Develop learning agendas and robust measurement plans for our initiatives;
• Develop the proper KPIs and track and report against them, and align the team’s activities and focus to where they will have the greatest business impact
Minimum Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree(s) AND • Minimum Five (5) years of social media and content marketing experience OR • Equivalent combination of education and experience • Passion and curiosity for the dynamic, changing nature of digital and social mediachannels and how they can be leveraged to reach and message the brand’s audiences • Ability to collaborate and influence others • Experience working in consumer marketing and advertising • Experience managing a team • Creative mindset and ability to develop engaging content • Familiarity with SEO tools and understanding of SEO fundamentals Ability to pass required background check Preferred Qualifications • Experience managing agencies and vendors • Experience in education industry a plus • MBA a plus K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Requisition Number 19-0111