The Director of Site Quality is responsible for monitoring and driving improvements to the quality of products produced in and/or sold in North America. This includes establishing goals, ensuring current components and products comply to specifications, implementing and sustaining controls, and driving continuous improvements to products and processes. This involves collaborating with other cross-functional leads in engineering, operations, sourcing, and the channel to prioritize projects and drive to address root cause of issues.
Role & Responsibility
- Develop sustaining quality roadmap and implementation plan for the region and each of the sites.
- Lead and manage the site and Product Quality Team governance process for sustaining products and monitor progress via warranty and arrival condition report information, and by completing formal audits and assessments.
- Work with the service managers to monitor quality for products sold in North America that are built overseas or by 3rd party OEMs.
- Continuously monitor quality of both supplied and internally manufactured components and products for conformance to specification, with a clear defined closed loop process to red tag and remove non-conforming materials from production.
- Drive corrective action on non-confirming materials and secure deviations in situations where non-conforming may be temporarily allowed until addressed.
- Follow-up on field to factory communications and lead containment activities that may be required.
Corrective Actions and Improvements
- Continuously monitor and address emerging issues while ensuring the most important products/issues are identified through the Product Quality Team process and are staffed appropriately to effectively complete those projects in the shortest time possible.
Control Plan Execution
- Review and drive updates to standard work, processes, tools, measurements, checks, and training used to ensure complete and consistent work is performed. Ensure designated calibrated equipment is available and process is in place to ensure calibrations are maintained.
Channel Quality Communication
- Be the point contact for quality communications with the channel ensuring the quality team is engaged as needed following up on ACRs, drafting knowledge articles with information on issues, and assisting with dealer visits and other channel activities as opportunities are identified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field
- In-depth knowledge of Bobcat products and production processes
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Expertise in Lean Six Sigma; Black Belt certification or commitment to earn the certification
- Strong knowledge of Quality systems and processes
- Exceptional problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
- Thorough understanding of the key North America AOP and LRP goals and objectives
- Demonstrated business acumen and thorough understanding of key business processes including SIOP, NPD, and Regional Governance Practices
- Intimate knowledge of the Market, Dealer Network, and Customers in Compact Equipment business
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams and successfully drive change initiatives
- Demonstrated strong strategy/planning and communication skills, and process-driven mindset
- Demonstrated ability to execute/deliver results
- 10+ years’ experience
- 10 - 24% travel
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.