About this role
Our Director of Security reports directly to the Facility Administrator with corporate oversight provided by the The Company Vice President of Security Operations. The Director of Security is responsible for the provision of an orderly, safe and secure environment for the staff; the resident/detainee population and the general public. This position creates, implements and maintains comprehensive guidelines and protocols for the operation of the security department. This position functions as a member of the senior management team interfacing with and providing support for the medical and clinical mission of the facility. The Director of Security plans, coordinates and directs the actions of the security department staff and is responsible for the security, custody and control of the residents/detainees in the facility. The Director of Security assumes primary responsibility for the security of all of the facility buildings and property.
*Excellent Career Growth Opportunity
What you bring to the table
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice, Business, or related field with ten (10) years experience in correctional, security, or related work
- Education and progressive work experience may be substituted for a bachelor degree at management's discretion
- Five (5) years experience in a supervisory capacity
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks that are routine in nature, while keeping work flowing in an orderly manner
- Must have the ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Any violations or status change must be reported immediately to human resources and supervisor
- Must be able to pass and maintain clearance for a Public Trust Position, if working with specific patients
- Ability to express thoughts logically, in English, in both written and verbal form
- Ability to use computers and the typical software such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and various database systems
What you will do
- Utilizes a participative Management by Walking Around proactive approach to the oversight of the security department personnel and the provision of secure custody and control practices in a therapeutic setting.
- Participates as a member of the Senior Management Team at the facility.
- Oversees or carries out investigations of any incidents or alleged incidents of impropriety or possible criminal nature on the part of residents/detainees, staff or visitors as assigned by the Facility Administrator (or designee) or the The Company Vice President of Operations.
- Manages security related budgetary items (e.g. direct labor costs; uniforms; supplies and equipment).
- Creates and maintain an environment within the facility and its compound that ensures the security and personal safety of the staff, resident/detainee population and the general public.