ID.me is looking for a Director of Security Engineering to add to our rapidly growing security team. As ID.me continues to expand at a rapid pace, we need a security engineering leader to scale and guide our highly talented engineering team.
The Director of Security Engineering will also have the opportunity to provide thought leadership in the areas of cloud security, enterprise security, and enabling the enterprise to move at speed. A candidate in this role will need to be able to move quickly to adjust to business needs, and build a strong security culture in cloud and enterprise engineering.
- Build and nurture a team of security engineers, and provide the environment and structures needed for success
- Integrate security engineering into all aspects of build processes at ID.me
- Identify opportunities for innovation and thought leadership in the service of demonstrating ID.me’s commitment to security
- Work with the team to define and deliver short, middle, and long term strategies for securing features, applications, and infrastructure
- Craft security strategies and roadmap for the security engineering team to help scale the infrastructure and meet business objectives
- Provide a data-driven perspective on security posture and effectiveness.
- Set roadmap and direction for Security Engineering at ID.me
- Partner closely with the Infrastructure and Enterprise engineering teams to anticipate their needs, and improve the security of their deliverables
The qualifications below are ideal, but not all are required. We encourage candidates to apply if they satisfy some, but not all of the qualifications.
- 7+ years of experience in security engineering or similar discipline
- 5+ years of security (or similar) management experience with demonstrated ability to attract, develop and retain talent, specifically for distributed teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to translate security objectives to engineering team
- Strong understanding of cloud security and enterprise security principles
- Demonstrate excellent judgement in prioritizing security efforts to mitigate the appropriate risks
- Ability to identify, analyze, and explain the present or future needs for proposed security initiatives to senior management
- Track record of innovation and engineering enablement
Ideal candidate will thrive in the following culture:
- Must have an obsession for building quality products
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Must be a team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for security, learning and continuous improvement