Tracking Code 179354-846Job Description
Responsible for SEC reporting and the worldwide financial statement consolidation. Oversee the administration of Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM) consolidation application. Provide technical accounting expertise to finance and non-finance management worldwide. Develop and implement new procedures to streamline corporate finance processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead responsibility for external financial reporting (10-Q, 10-K / Annual Report, government reporting, etc.).
- Lead the global financial close process and manage reporting team.
- Consolidate worldwide financial statements of Tenneco Inc. ensuring data accuracy, consistency and integrity.
- Coach and develop high performing staff of Financial staff members.
- Perform the HFM administrator role as it relates to the actual scenario and SEC reporting.
- Review monthly, quarterly, and annual schedules prepared and combined by the consolidation staff from data submitted by the business unit consolidation teams.
- Research accounting issues and provide technical accounting support to the business units.
- Member of the Tenneco Disclosure Committee.
- Co-approver of Tenneco Finance Policies.
- Coordination point for external audit.
- Perform special projects, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA
- 10+ years accounting experience (combination of public and industry preferred), including experience in consolidations and SEC reporting
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and research skills.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Must be a team player with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of HFM or similar application required.
- Superior grasp of technical accounting concepts.
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity.
- Managerial experience of accounting professionals.
- Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
- SEC Reporting experience.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.