ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define digital marketing strategy and overall evolution of ASICS’ SEM, both SEO and Paid Search, strategy as it relates to both global and regional/country-level needs.
- Develop SEM best practices and drive adoption across the organization, working with internal resources and agency partners to ensure excellence in SEM.
- Responsible for significant cross-functional leadership and influence, including Product, Web Content Development, Brand Web Merchandising and Brand Marketing.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization; Research and understand the latest search engine algorithms, rules, techniques and trends, including competitor analysis.
- Develop monitoring and measurement plans for SEM in partnership with Analytics team, including a/b and multivariate testing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven SEM experience
- Deep understanding of the cross pollination of SEO/SEM activities
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Net Insight, Omniture, Web Trends)
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM
- BS/MS/MBA degree, ideally in a quantitative, test-driven field
- At least ten (10) years of SEOexperience with a proven track record of driving innovative strategies in search, preferably at a multi-channelretailer
- Proven success in utilizing analytics to provide strategic recommendations and drive concrete action
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. This person should be able to clearly articulate SEO ideas, strategies and tactics to audiences with varying knowledge of SEO and influence change
- Experience in key tools and technologies, such as Conductor, Bright Edge, Screaming Frog, SEMrush, Microsoft Suite is a given
- Ability to deal with change with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving. Technical proficiency in common online technologies.
- International SEOexperience
- Hands-on experience with Google Webmaster Tools or similar technology
- Demonstrated team leadership and vendor/consultant management experience
- Ability to define opportunities and problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and make valid conclusions
- Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity (big-picture perspective, asks "why") and a hands-on/execution capacity (detail-oriented, conscientious)