We are looking for an entrepreneurial, passionate, and innovative scientist to lead the next stage in our technology development. The right candidate must be ready to work closely with the CEO, President, and Vice President of Engineering to bring our platform to the next level. You will collaborate with a team of PhD scientists and engineers to build better tools for the search and retrieval of publicly available information to help customers make rapid, informed decisions in a dynamic security environment.
With the constant support and guidance of our CEO, President, and Distinguished Scientist, you will be responsible for planning and executing our science pipeline. We have significant IP, a rich modeling ecosystem, and a culture that focuses on evidence-based innovation. This is an opportunity for a dynamic leader to build a cutting-edge technology stack that can prevent criminals, human traffickers, and other illicit actors from accessing financial services.
- Establish product development goals in conjunction with the CEO and prioritize them.
- Manage the R&D effort to ensure it delivers value in the form of models and algorithms which can be put into production.
- Contribute to model development and improvement.
- Train and mentor the science team.
- Build on our culture of experimentation, evidence-based decisions, and constructive feedback.
- Coordinate with engineering and customer success to prioritize R&D tasks and support.
- Remain up-to-date on innovations in machine learning and NLP, to include algorithms as well as innovations in human-machine interactions.
- Significant expertise in developing, growing and managing production-grade machine learning and artificial intelligence modeling systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work at the cutting edge of the natural language processing space to include understanding of the suite of available modeling approaches and the ability to absorb and experiment with new research.
- Ability to translate CEO/product manager high-level vision into concrete, discrete tasks for research, development, and implementation.
- At least two years of experience managing and prioritizing a product backlog.
- Fearless decision-making in a fast-moving, high consequence environment.
- Strong drive with excellent interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce a distinct plus.
- Experience scaling data science applications to the cloud strongly desired.
- MA or PhD in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Information Science, Political Science, or Sociology or equivalent work experience in an applied research environment.