This position is responsible for the corporate financial information technology activities in the following areas: systems analysis and development, ERP configuration, programming, governance, security design or IT engineering. Under a broad corporate finance strategy and plan, develops policies, procedures, technical standards, methods, and schedules.
The candidate will lead a diverse team of developers, administrators and business analysts to:
- Lead the team to implement and maintain financial SAP, Hyperion and Essbase application functionality
- Oversee the strategic relationship between Information Technology, Corporate and Operations finance functions within the organization
- Maintain the organization's awareness of developments in information technology and computer hardware and software for the formulation of long- and short-range plans for the acquisition and implementation of new equipment and techniques
- Reports to management on information technology plans, projects, status, performance and related matters
- Directs and provides functional direction to IT managers and team members
- Develop financial application strategies for the department that complements and contributes to overall business objectives.
- Provide input to corporate and operations financial plans and processes based on internal customer needs and department's initiatives to senior management. Establish long-term vision or direction for department and design annual goals to incrementally meet long term goals
- Define scope of project/service and plans for resources, staff expertise (internal & external), tools, financial to provide an integrated framework in which goals may be achieved
- Formulate a tangible link between corporate vision and concrete business goals. Interpret corporate objectives into a working departmental business plan(s)
- Set overall direction for department by determining and prioritizing internal corporate customer needs and company expectations
- Balance department goals with overall company objectives, other business unit goals and customer needs.
- Manage, forecast, develop and implement departmental budget. Review and approves all expenses (internal and external). May negotiate and approve vendor fees. Analyze budget for variances and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Promote teamwork within and across work units. Meet with other work units to mutually establish goals and measures for joint processes and customer management.
- Define staffing requirements based on business needs and budget.
- Establish requirements, delivery criteria and measures for performance.
- Provides a road map for individual and collective department performance and development. Advance the development of managers and staff by creating an environment conducive to internal, external, cross and on-the-job training.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Advanced degree with 10-14 years experience with at 4-6 years of direct management of staff (managers and staff) OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience with SAP FI-CO mandatory. Experience with Hyperion or Essbase helpful.
- Ability to drive and facilitate alignment of SAP programs and projects with priorities and strategic direction.
- Ensure the team & processes are in place to effectively support the SAP application across a multi-site, multi-billion dollar manufacturing operation. Create a culture of continuous improvement of the SAP operations.
- Continue to enhance regular SAP operating metrics, identify actions to improve & develop stakeholder communication plans. A key measure of success of the role is improvement in SAP operational excellence measures.
- Requires capability to manage multiple and concurrent projects spread across multiple SAP programs.
- Able to consistently contribute effort, leadership, and creative thinking to solving complex and significant problems in a collaborative fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to perform at the highest level of proficiency in utilizing tools and applications to complete assignments.
- Requires excellent communication skills with all levels of audience. Able to structure messages in keeping with listener's experience, background and expectations. Able to adapt communication style and use terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the listener.
- Able to understand the impact of communications on the organization or customer, including any legal/regulatory implications